Well the little man is finally napping after an unusually squirmy day, and I thankfully have a few minutes of adult time. I'm continually amazed how different life is now that we have Cole with us. Everyone tells you it's going to be different, you know for yourself it will be, you think about what it is going to be like taking care of a baby, but it still has shocked me what an adjustment it's been. Someone asked me on the phone yesterday what day it was, and I had totally no idea. I couldn't think of what the day of the week or month was, honestly. We're on Cole-time here at our home, which instead of revolving around a 24 hour, 7 day week, we revolve around 2 hour feedings and morning/night. Good times!
I finally went on my first outing (as far as driving somewhere) with Cole yesterday all by myself, no Tyler hooking in the baby seat or mom and Tegan with me. I was excited but a little nervous, for some reason I'm really afraid of him waking up while I'm out and can't feed him right away, and he gets hysterical and I look like the new mom who has no idea what she is doing :) Which is actually the truth. So I fed him and immediately headed to Target, knowing I had approximately 2-3 hours before he became unhappy. The trip to Target was uneventful, although now instead of meandering through the aisles and clothes, I stuck to my list and was in and out. I got to the truck and he still seemed content, so I headed to the library for a book. Again, he was a perfect angel. Then daddy called and wanted me to swing by Costco, and although we had already hit that 2 hr. time limit, I decided to be brave and head down there, knowing I could feed him if I needed to. Again, another great trip until we were unloading groceries in the car, in which he started to wail. I opted against feeding him in the hot truck and headed quickly home. Once we started going, he decided he really could wait until we got home and just enjoyed the ride, thank goodness. It was a terrific day! It felt good to know my life can go on, even with a little one :)
I wish I had some more pictures, I feel like Cole has changed a lot lately. We have another doctor appointment on Monday so we'll see if he's been growing. Tyler took the camera with him to his latest adventures (volunteering at the Ragnar race and Scout camp), but unfortunately the camera didn't get much action.
I can't believe it's been 3 weeks. In honor of that, here are my 3 favorite things about my boy today:
1 - How cute he is when he makes an 'o' with his mouth
2 - How crazy his hair gets when he wakes up
3 - His sweet little sounds when he's tired
Just 3 of the million! We are so blessed!
2 comments:
Isn't it crazy how things change? It will get easier and crazier all at the same time! I'm so happy for you! I was in a serious daze for about 6 weeks after having crue but that is a whole other story! It's good to hear that things are fantastic!
It really is quite the adjustment isn't it? The crazy thing to me is that once they start sleeping through the night and things get a little easier, you forget what it was like! Then you do it all over again! Haha. I wish I was there to help you and hold my little nephew but I'll be there soon enough! Put some more pics up as soon as possible!! Love ya and miss ya sis!
Post a Comment