Hello friends and fam! I'm back to blogging, but I'm really proud of Tyler for filling in while I was re-cooping and not feeling up to it. I didn't even ask him to, he is just so proud to show off our little one :) It's so cute.
Baby Cole is a week + 2 days old now, and doing super great. It's wonderful to be home and out of that lousy hospital robe and bed. We have loved getting to know him and all his sweet little sounds and mannerisms. He is a really good baby, he'll eat then usually go right back to sleep and give us a couple hours to do our own thing. He's just so cool. This is one of my favorites of our little Cole-man. He loves sleeping on daddy's chest, he stays there for hours.We've had a busy week home (it's funny how "busy" means something totally different now), and the very best part of being home was having my mom and Tegan there with us. For those of you that have had kids and your mom came and helped out that first week you were home, I'm sure you know how nothing could replace that. It was such a special time, and although I was focused on Cole and figuring him out (still am), I've never felt closer to my mom. She was an absolute angel, cooking every meal, cleaning, doing laundry, helping with Cole, just anything that needed to be done. Just to have someone there to ask "is this normal?" or "what in the world am I doing", was worth more than anything. And Tegan provided entertainment, laughs, and he usual fun spirit. Thanks for being there for me mom, now and always.
I can't believe this is the only pic I took of mom and Cole that whole week, you'll have to send me the ones you took on your camera mom. He definitely loves and knows his grandma!!
Here's Tegan taking a break from folding baby laundry to practice her nintendo skills to try and beat Tyler when he gets home from work. What a great auntie! Cole also enjoyed a photo shoot with our very-talented Jill, who is married to my cousin Torrey. She offered to come and take some pics of our handsome guy, and who could say no to that? He was an absolute angel for us while we took over a hundred pictures and made him lay in baskets and do alot of other cute things. He just slept through it all! (until he got hungry). I snuck a shot in with my own camera while she was shooting him in the basket. What a sweetie! I think he liked all the attention.
Tyler set this pic up, we're going to try and remember to get a picture with him every week with his little horse to see how much he's growing.
Another fun thing for us is bathtime! Although we've only had a couple, I love it. Mostly because of how yummy he smells after. He doesn't mind it too much either. Here he is patiently waiting for mom to take a picture while he freezes. Look how curly his hair is when it's wet! It straightens out on it's own after it's dry.
Kind of blurry, but still cute! He's already giving high fives.
He also LOVES riding in the truck. He just sleeps through everything. This was on the way to daddy's work to show him off. He just looks so little in there. Check out his little toesies, they are SO long like his dads.
This is the sign that my kids at school gave me to put in our yard when Cole was born - they were so concerned about how they would know he was here, since school was out while I was still pregnant. Since I live in the same neighborhood as all my students, they wanted me to put the sign up after he came so they would know he was here. Cute huh!
We took Cole to his first doctor's appointment yesterday with Dr. Vande Merwe. He is a terrific doctor, and we feel lucky to have him! The best part about the visit was to hear that Cole has put on almost a whole pound since we left the hospital! He now weighs 8lb. 8oz, and when we left the hospital he was at 7 lb 9 oz. This is good news because he wasn't having many wet or poopy diapers until just a few days ago after my milk came in, and we were expecting him to weigh less like they usually do. So that was exciting. He did great with everything else too, practically perfect in every way! Way to go Cole! The doctors commented on how strong his neck is, because although he doesn't have much control, he likes holding his head back and looking around when you hold him on your chest. Unless he's sleeping, like in this picture. This is after the doctor poked his heel for the PKU test and we're getting ready to leave.
Overall, it's been a terrific week + 2 days. I couldn't love the little guy more, and it's been fun to enjoy it all with such a wonderful dad/husband. We still have a lot to figure out, but it's been a blessing to have so much support from family and friends, and also to have an angel for our first. He's really breaking me into mommy-hood easily, and I really appreciate it. Let's hope it continues!!
2 comments:
Hey Jackie - it is Sharene (Weight) Gulbrandsen! My sister found your blog and it was so fun catching up with all that you have been doing. Your little boy is so cute and precious. Don't you love children? I just can't believe how much I love my daughter, Brielle. My blog is www.mikeandsharene.blogspot.com if you would like to come and check mine out!
AH I LOVE HIM! It is killing me not being able to be there and hold my precious little nephew! So you all get your time in now, cuz he's all mine when I get back in August! Jackie he is seriously adorable and I hope he keeps up being a good little boy for you! Love ya sis!
Post a Comment