Friday, June 6, 2008

The End is HERE!!

Oh wow, I have such great news! Our baby is coming THIS WEEKEND! Most likely Sunday! I'm going in to LDS hospital tomorrow night at 8pm to be induced, and then we'll see how it all goes from there. Today has been the best day and I've had a perma-grin just knowing I get to see him soon! Thanks for the great ideas to get him here, but turns out my doctor can be persuaded after all :)

So I called my doctor's office yesterday to ask if there is any possible way we can move the induction date up from the 16th (mostly just to let her know how strongly I felt about it), and she called me back this morning with 2 options: either start taking sleeping pills to help with sleeping (no, thanks) or come in to the office today and let her check again to see if there's any progress. So I opted to come in, although I mostly knew there wouldn't be any change. And there wasn't, I'm still at a one, but I got a chance to talk to her about it and let her know how ready I felt the baby was and we were. She said if she had some medical reason to do it, then she would, so she sent me to do an ultrasound to see if his head is in the 90th percentile, because that would be reason enough to get him here. I do the ultrasound, she calls me back with the results, and she says we can go ahead with it tomorrow! She said his head was only in the 78th percentile for size, but my amniotic fluid is a little low and my placenta isn't functioning as efficiently as it should be, so it actually was really good that we didn't wait until the 16th. I am ecstatic, I can't believe I'll be holding our own little baby within hours, it seems like.

I also had the best day because my mom and sisters drove out from Neola to surprise me and hang out with me for the day. And it was even more special because it was Christine's 19th birthday, so it was fun to celebrate it with her. And I can't get enough of Tegan's animal dances, she made up several new ones today such as the sliding seal, little ladybug, and walking hummingbird that are very creative. It really was so great to see them and just feel so loved.

So he'll be here soon, and we'll get news and pictures up as soon as possible. Keep us in your prayers and thanks in advance for all your love and support!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, this is mamma Turner and I am very excited for you to have your baby on Elmo's birthday. You can do it and all will be fine. Kim is stuck in a hotel in Laramie cause her Uhaul broke down. So she has now way to see your last blog. Get lots of rest!!!!! Baby will be here soon. Love, Linda

McKelle said...

JACKIE!! YEAH!!! DO IT!!! SO EXCITED!! GOOD LUCK! ENJOY THIS AWESOME EXPERIENCE!! CAN'T WAIT FOR PICS!!! LOVES AND PRAYERS!!

My name is Andrea said...

Jackie,

You will definitely be remembered here in our prayers and we will be thinking of you. Everything will go well, and you are going to be the best mom. You have an amazing talent for loving children, just imagine what it will be like for your own!!! Good luck!!

Andrea

Katie said...

YEAH!!!! I am so pumped for you. I am sure everything will go great and you will soon be a mommy!! Well make sure you get enough sleep in the hospital because you will be getting no sleep once you get home. Let me know if you need any help. Love you guys!!!!