It's a little silly that I'm feeling bummed about our baby not being here yet, seeing how his due date actually isn't until this Saturday the 7th. But, we had our weekly doctor's appointment yesterday and it's looking quite improbable that he'll come by then. I've been dilated to a 1 for 3 weeks now, and as Dr. Gemmell says my cervix is "not favorable" for an early induction. CURSES! So her plan is for us to come back next week and see if there's any progress, and if not then we'll induce on the SIXTEENTH which is 11 days away from today. It might as well be Christmas! But at least he's healthy. I think he's going to be huge. It's just so hard to wait now that school is over, and everything is ready for him, the house is clean and all my errands seem to be done, and Tyler is at work all day so I'm getting a little bored. Not to mention the uncomfort of being superbig. But no complaining! I'm going to be a mommy (relatively) soon! Maybe I'll set a goal of blogging more while I'm waiting...anything to pass the time! If any one has any ideas of how to get this little one here sooner, I would love to hear it!
Since I don't have any pics of our baby yet, I thought this one of Tyler when he was 1 or 2 months old is probably close to what ours will be like (what a cutie!):

Thanks, Pickle, for the tag. I needed something else to do this morning! I'm supposed to answer these 15 questions about yourself on your blog. 3 Joys, 3 Fears, 3 Goals, 3 Current collections or obsessions and 3 Surprising Facts. Sounds doable. And sorry in advance for all the baby and parent talk. It's easy to tell what's on my mind these days :)
3 Joys: being with Tyler, feeling our little guy moving, seeing a student read for the first time
3 Fears: my only fear now is having something wrong with our baby. The rest are just concerns/worries: what if something happens to Tyler, what is it going to be like when work starts back up in the fall, etc.
3 Goals: be able to stay at home with my kids at some point, to run another half marathon within a year, to have sufficient food storage

3 Current Collections/Obsessions: reading parenting books. I'm reading 5 different ones right now at the same time, I can't get enough. Also, I collect aprons, and Tyler and I have become obsessed with taking care of our yard and garden, we can spend hours out there weeding and mowing, whatever needs to be done.
These are the books on my nightstand now...


And this is the apron-holder Tyler made me last Christmas.

3 Suprising Facts: I absolutely love baseball. I have for years, I love being at the ballpark and experiencing it that way, or just watching on TV. I love the pace of the game, and all the little facts about it. My little brother has traveled to tons of major league ballparks and college world series games, and I am always so jealous. I should add that to my goals, I want to watch a game at Fenway someday.


I have a self-inflicted gun wound. Yes, I shot myself in the toe with a .22 my senior year of high school. I think most people that read this would know that, but what you may not know is that it was published in the Salt Lake Tribune right after it happened. Because I had recently signed to play volleyball for Utah, they thought it would be an interesting article for the sports page. It was very embarrassing :)
I love to read juvenile fiction books. Goose Girl, Princess Academy, Harry Potter (ok so I've only listened to the HP books on my ipod, not actually read them), the Twilight series, and right now Fablehaven, are just a few of the books I love. I LOVE reading, it's very relaxing for me, but after reading too many Oprah Book Club or top-selling books where I ended up putting it down after several pages because of language or just weirdness, it was such a relief to pick up something I could finish in a few days and not have to worry about what I might come across that could be questionable. Thanks goes to my sis-in-law Jessica, little sis Tegan, and Sybil our school librarian for showing me the light :)

If anyone is needing a time-filler, feel free to call yourself tagged!
3 comments:
Hey Jackie! Sorry, it's taking so long0! Ok, here are some things you can try to help you go into labor! They my be just myths but I know when I got to the very end, I tried most everything. There is some adult content so if you're reading this, just know that I'm just being scientific and Jackie can officially be embarassed that I wrote this on her blog. My Dr. said that.. um.. keeping the fire burning at home, if ya know what I mean, (s.e.x.) helps to thin the cervic. Ya probably don't feel like that right now but my Dr. encourages it. Also, um...nipple stimulation, yours not Tylers, is said to cause contractions. That may be a fun thing for both of you. And if you're planning on breast feeding I hear that it's good to start putting that Lansinoh brand Lanolin on your nips now. it helps to soften them up. It was my best friend for a while. I hope you are now blushing knowing that all your friends are reading this! The last is walking! Nothing sexual about that unless you do it naked! Actually there was another labor inducing remedy that included liquid Black Cohosh. I can't remember the dosage on it but you had to take it daily and it would cause you to go into labor. My friends, sisters, cousins, aunts, neice swears by it!! :) If I get a hold of my friend who told me about it I'll write you back! Oh, and thanks for answer my tag. It was fun learning more about you!! Can't wait to log on to your blog and see cute baby pictures!!!
I know you must be going crazy right about now. But just remember you have the rest of your life to be a mom. So enjoy these next few days as much as you can. Maybe go see a good movie, you won't get to do that for a long time after he is here. The only outing you will get is maybe going to the grocery store! Focus on spending as much time with Tyler as you can. I know that none of this will make you feel better, it may even annoy you, but the next few days will fly by. Oh and here's a little something you never think about until after the baby is born. Atleast for me, I really missed feeling the baby kicking. I loved it looked forward to it so much that when it stopped, I was kind of sad. So really enjoy those moments. Anyway I hoped I helped to take your mind off of the delivery. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures!!
Hey Jackie, Another day closer to seeing that cute baby boy of yours! I loved Katie's advice she's totally right! Get all the naps you can get too! Good luck!
Post a Comment