Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Proud to Bleed RED

Well it goes without saying that Saturday was truly an amazing day for any Ute fan - you just can't beat winning 2 MWC championships in one day! Cole and I headed to the volleyball game to see if our blockin Utes could claim a championship by beating CSU, whom they lost to earlier in the year. They won in 4! It was some terrific volleyball. And then to have the football team kick some Cougar booty, what a perfect day. But even better than that was being with my wonderful friends who I don't get to see nearly enough. Taryn and Kim were the other two seniors that came through the program with me, and I love them so much. We were roommates together and just went through the whole experience of college and vball together. Anyways, we got some great shots of us at the game. Kim lives in Nebraska and is visiting for a week, and her little (maybe little isn't the right adjective :) boy is named Tyson.


Celebrating after the W.
Uh-oh, Tyson looks like he's up to something...poor Cole doesn't even see it coming. And he gets blindsided! Tyson loved reaching out for Cole, and he has a pretty strong grip, but my little guy is still a little slow on the reflexes :) Our friend took the picture right as we were separating the two.
It was cute watching them (closely) together though. Hmmm, I wonder what he tastes like...Don't worry, we were able to leave the game with all our limbs still attached! :)
Kim's wonderful dad Papa Turner also took a turn with the little one. So good to see you Robin! And Linda we missed you a lot!
What a cute, sweet boy!!!
This is one of my all-time favorite pictures. Definitely a black-mail for later, Kimmy.

5 comments:

Isaak and Jackie said...

looks like tons of fun glad that your Utes pulled through to victories.

Jenn said...

Hahahahha, I love the thigh picture! Sounds like you guys had fun! HOWEVER...it was not a good day! =) Poor cougars...but I'm ok cheering for Utah volleyball...you converted me. But never ever ever will I cheer for Utah football!!! I miss baby Cole!!! We need to get together!!!

McKelle said...

YAY UTAH! That's great that you were able to see Kimmy and her little...eh BIG guy! Looks like fun!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, I just want to SQUEEZE those legs! So cute!

The Howards said...

I love those pictures you caught! I'm glad Cole made it out of there in one piece. Us Turners/Howards get a little crazy sometimes when we're excited! You remember...I'm sure when we were roommates you were scared for your life as well! I need copies of those pictures. That last one would be a good advertisement for the 'U' somewhere!