Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby Cole's First Halloween

This post is coming in late, but here it is! Halloween was great this year, I debated about whether to get Cole a costume or not for a few reasons: a) we weren't going to go trick-or-treating, I'd feel a little silly collecting candy only Tyler and I could eat, b) not much $ in the budget for a costume, and c) did I mention we didn't want to spend a lot of money? And most of the cute ones are a little pricey and I definitely can't sew one? Anyway, with all that in mind we were shopping at Costco and mom spotted this cute cover-up for winter. And it happened to have little ears on the hood and paw prints on the feet! So, we could use it for Halloween AND bundling up in the winter!! Score. I bought it and waited excitedly for the big day.

So here we are, Halloween night! I added a nose and a few whiskers and we had ourselves an adorable little bear.

Getting all ready!

Practicing our growl.

Wassup ladies. I know I'm cute.
So our big activity for the night after getting dressed up was to go to Costco! Tyler worked until 9, so we headed over to show off the little guy.
It feels so good to get that thing off!
I also was able to dress up for school. Our students didn't have school on Halloween, so we had our big parade and party the day before. I went as a biker! NOT a biker babe, just a biker. I definitely didn't want to come across as scandalous, which is hard to do when you're wearing a lot of leather :) This looks conservative enough for first grade, right? It was really fun, and my kids thought it was "sweet, Mrs. Petersen". Thanks for braiding my hair and drawing my tattoo honey!





8 comments:

Jenn said...

OH MY NEPHEW IS THE CUTEST LITTLE BEAR I HAVE EVER SEEN! Jackie he looks precious! And so do you, SOOO sexy! Haha, I mean no, not sexy, just "cool" =)

Isaak and Jackie said...

way fun halloween costumes. So glad you got to kill two birds with one stone. Your family is so cute.

Shanna said...

Oh Cole looks sooo cute! I know what you mean about costumes being pricey. That's where handmedowns come in great! But you looked awsome! Where did you get all your cool biking gear? Glad you guys had a great Halloween! :)

Megs said...

Oh! so cute! i'm pretty sure that it the cutest bear i've ever seen. :) I love your costume for halloween, very fitting ;) it should be your permanent look. lol. so tyler didn't shave the beard yet?

McKelle said...

Jenn was right, you do look sexy! I bet Tyler liked it! And the bear is soooo cute! We did the same thing with Addi her first Halloween. It was a lot easier to justify spending money on a costume for a baby when they can wear it later!

My name is Andrea said...

Cole is very very cute! And you are such a fun teacher! We miss you!

The Monsen's said...

Jackie.. This is Jana Hoe are ya doing I think that your little boy looks like you He is so cute. Congrats!

The Monsen's said...

I meant "how" are you LOL