Just wanted to share this fun idea I stole from my good friend Shanna. For her first family home evening in November, they have a lesson on gratitude and giving thanks, then she puts up a long piece of butcher paper (just one of the many perks of being a teacher: access to the work room) on a wall in her family room and puts out markers, crayons, and die-cut leaves. Then, throughout the month they write or draw things that they are thankful for. She also invites friends that come over to add to it, that's how I saw the idea. I thought it was a great way to express thanks, so I put a poster up on the fridge with markers nearby and we add something when we want to. Both moms have also added to it, and it's been a fun way to see what everyone is thinking about. I'm planning on saving it to look at and compare with next year's.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a cute idea. I love it!
that is so fun! what a good idea! We all need reminding at some point in our lives of what is really important to us :)
Cute idea! I liked seeing Jackson and Josh up there =) I'm thankful for them too!!
That is a great idea!! I'm going to do that for FHE!
I love it so simple and gets the point across so nicely. Great idea thanks for sharing
Post a Comment