Tyler works really hard and only gets 2 days off a week, one is usually Sunday and the other one he usually uses for a day he has some scout/YM activity. But this past week, he had Wednesday off and no obligations, so we made the most of it.
I left for work at school arond 11:30, and when I got home a little after 4 this is what I saw:
Tyler had gone to Home Depot, got supplies, built shelves in our storage shed in the backyard and organized everything! He continues to amaze me.
Here's the handyman himself. Did you notice the beard? If you know Tyler, you'll know he has no issues with growing facial hair. He shaves in the morning and is a little scruffy by night, starting a beard the next day. This is about a week's worth. I thought I'd get a couple shots since he's shaving it this weekend (right, honey? :) He thought about being Al from Home Improvement for Halloween, but he didn't have suspenders.
As soon as the shed supplies were put away, we ran down to Gardner Village, one of our favorite places to walk around. If you've never heard of it, Archibald Gardner was one of the first settlers in Utah. After moving here from Scotland and coming over with the pioneers, he worked farmland, and opened a flour mill. He also accepted the practice of plural marriage and eventually had 11 wives. He built separate homes for each of them, and all these buildings which used to belong to the Gardner family have been converted into a restaurant and lots of cute little shops and boutiques. They go all out for the holidays, and going at fall is something we make sure and do each year because everything is so festive.
Here's our first picture, by the house with pumpkin walls.
One fun thing about it at Halloween time is that they have these human-or-bigger-sized witches doing funny things all over the village, and if you want to you can get a list and go on a witch hunt to find them all. Here's one sitting on a bench that we liked. Cole just kept looking at her, it was so funny. I think because she looks like me so much. haha.
He really wanted to touch her face.
He finally gave up on that and went for the pumpkin instead.
This was my favorite witch, Witchy-Poo, she was in an outhouse behind a shop. It's amazing how much detail they go into. I am sounding like a Gardner Village advertisement, they should link to my blog from their webpage :) Or at least pay me a little for good publicity. Witches playing baseball! How funny!
Crossing the pumpkin-light bridge.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Daddy's Day Off
Posted by JP at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh that is so fun! My ward had a similar thing that they went to called a pumpkin walk, i didn't get to go because i had to work, but it was really fun, and cute, like the witches :)
Cole is so cute! And i hope Tyler shaved that beard off for you! It was so good to see you :)
I love Gardner Village! We did not make it down this year. Too busy. Cole is too cute by that witch. Love it!!
Oh what a great man Tyler is. I love having things organized. It feels so nice. Cole is just getting cuter and cuter! :)
I have never been there! That looks like a lot of fun! Cole's getting so big! Cuter every picture I see!
I have only been to Gardner village a couple of times but I totally understand what you mean about the place I think an annual trip is necessary. Food storage here you come.
Post a Comment