Before I begin, Shane you are my hero too but it's Parker's big day so this is all about him :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER! I was going to make you a card, but I thought this would be more fun because I can add pictures. And I know you check our blog, which I really appreciate.
I have always looked up to Parker, and I couldn't have asked for a better example to follow. When I was little, Parker was my biggest buddy. I idolized him and looked up to him more than he thinks I did. I know how annoying little siblings can be, wanting to follow you around and hang out with you and your friends (Shane), but I don't remember a time that Parker told me I couldn't. I remember going to the church with him to play football with all his boy-friends, and because of Parker letting me play with him I decided I wanted to be the first girl in the NFL (still working on that goal). I loved looking at his baseball and football cards and hearing him talk about John Elway and Bo Jackson. He was a really good student and everyone at school liked him, I wanted to be just like him! He set a great example for me to follow.
Although through high school I was usually known as Parker's little sister, I felt proud of that title because of the wonderful person my brother was. He even took Katie and me to lunch every now and then, although it wasn't very cool to be seen with freshmen. I watched him go on to play college football and seeing him accomplish that huge goal motivated me to do it too. I always said I wanted to marry someone just like my brother, who was spiritual and funny and goal-driven. That set a really high bar for me in who I chose to date, and in marrying Tyler I know I found someone just as wonderful. So, I LOVE YOU PARKER! And still look up to you just as much.
In honor of the BD, Here are 29 facts or things we love about Parker:
1 - He is SUCH an amazing dad. Really.
2 - He did a great job picking Jenn! We can't imagine our family without her.
3 - He gets 100s on his law school tests. Who does that?
4 - He is focused and driven.
5 - He loves sports.
6 - He looks handsome even without hair.
7 - He nails bugs to the garage wall to scare Jenn.
8 - He dresses great.
9 - He's laid back.
10 - He works really hard for his family.
11 - He married someone from Oregon, and we love Oregon!
12 - He taught me how to throw a spiral.
13 - He has a strong testimony.
14 - He honors his priesthood.
15 - He has a fun laugh that makes you laugh too.
16 - It's so fun to watch him play with his boys.
17 - He does cute things to show Jenn he loves her.
18 - He knows everything about football.
19 - He is willing to help with anything you need.
20 - He is very thoughtful and caring, not in a girly way but in a wonderful way for a guy to be.
21 - Although laid back, he has strong opinions and isn't afraid to share them.
22 - He played college football and still plays sports (good luck with your intermural playoffs!)
23 - He served a mission in Tokyo, Japan.
24 - He always seems really happy to see you.
25 - It's so fun to watch him with Cole.
26 - He turned into a cat person.
27 - Family is really important to him.
28 - He likes camping and doing stuff outdoors.
29 - He's the best big brother in the world! Have a great bday!
These aren't in chronological order, but here's a bunch of pictures of the birthday boy:
I love this picture of us Morrill kids, at the airport when Shaney got home from his mission. Park and Shane, up to no good.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
My brother, my hero
Posted by JP at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are SO sweet! I can't believe you beat me to his birthday post! Haha. It's nice to know someone else in the world realizes how amazing my husband is =) Some of those pics were hilarious! Cute post! Happy birthday honey!
I don't know many people that didn't admire Parker in High School! How lucky you are to have asuch a great relationship with your brother. Happy Birthday Parker! (my sister named her little boy Parker--not a coincidence I think)
What a thoughtful birthday gift. I always looked up to you and Parker. That Morrill clan is a great bunch of people, thanks for being examples to me.
Post a Comment