Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We picked pumpkins, went to the game, then hung out at home

Okay so we didn't do those things in that order, but sometimes I hate coming up with titles for posts, so I just asked Tyler what he would title this one and that's what I got. Tyler had a camping trip with the scouts over UEA weekend, so Cole and I hit the road home for Neola. Cole did a great job of traveling 3 hrs. each way, even without anyone in the back to entertain him. The first thing we did once we got there was head to the Corn Maize in Bluebell with mom, Tegan, and Tegan's friend Kimmy. They have a shed full of corn kernels for kids to play in, so while Tegan and Kimmy rolled around mom and I squished Cole's little toosh into the corn so he could sit up on his own and began taking pictures. How cute is he?!!

Want some corn Grandma??
Fine I'll just eat it myself :)
Who knew corn could make me so happy?




We also went through 2 corn mazes, which mom expertly navigated us through, sling-shotted apples toward a cut out of Bin Laden (seriously!), enjoyed some hot chocolate, and went for a ride on a tractor wagon to pick pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. Here we are sitting on hay bales, waiting to go! Cole was pretty pooped.

Going to the games: At Christine's last game, Tegan was the fan of the game so Big Blue came over to give her a volleyball. So we got a picture with Cole! Poor Cole isn't going to know who to root for when he grows up, Utah or USU or OSU...I guess those would all be okay with me, as long as it's not that other college that I won't mention because I had too many people get fired up about that post a few weeks ago :)


Hanging out at home: Cole loves to laugh, especially at Tyler :) I have to really work to get him to crack up, but Tyler just looks at him a funny way and he loses it. I think he's learning at an early age that daddy is the funny one, which is too bad for me, but true. They just have so much fun together, as you can tell. I'm amazed at how much joy Cole has added to our already happy life.
Notice the playoff game in the background...anyone else in mild depression that the Sox didn't make it?? Bummer. I really wanted to watch the world series this year.



This is after being thrown up in the air and caught, scary but fun!

4 comments:

Sterling said...

Jackie,
Looks like your little man is already showing a lot of personality. It is crazy how quickly they start noticing things. Abigail gets a big grin whenever I ask where is my Abigail? Babys are great fun! I am totally bummed about the Red Sox but hey we did it to ourselves. Hopefully the Rays get swept. :)

Parker said...

I can't believe how cute those pictures are! Cole is getting to be such a good looking little guy! I'm such a proud uncle after seeing this post, thanks for sharing sis!

Katie said...

Okay so my first question is how many pieces of corn did you find in his diaper?? It looks like you guys had so much fun. When I hear about all the fun things you get to go and do with your family it makes me miss mine so much. Luckily my mom is coming out soon. Oh, and I just cut it about a montha go. It is too short for a ponytail so that can be annoying when I need to run out the door but other than that, I love it. I think that my hair was always meant to be short. No matter how badly Jeff tried to talk me into long hair.
We still need to get together, I really want to meet your little guy. Maybe we could get together around Christmas and go to Temple Square?? Or sooner if it works for you.

The Bingham's said...

Looks like Cole really like his daddy. But who doesn't! He is just getting so big. So is Teagan! Heidi and Amy recognized her though. Heidi says I remember her, she was nice.