Thursday, October 9, 2008

My husband loves canning!

It's true, but that picture isn't until the end so you must look at everything else before you see the beautiful jars of salsa Tyler canned last night! Go Tyler!

So I have a lot of pictures backed up here that I'm going to throw together in one blog. First, we've had a blast going up to Logan this season to watch Christine play, and we wanted to show her how much we love her so we made coordinating t-shirts with her number on it! And we made a little # number sign for Cole. It's amazing how much fun can be made with a $2 can of blue fabric paint from Roberts, a couple white t-shirts, and a onesie! We didn't have time to put "MORRILL" on the back, so we'll do that for next game.

Go #14!!!! How cute is Cole. And I was very impressed with the paint, I fully expected for him to have a blue tummy after we took off the drool-soaked onesie, but happily the paint stayed where we wanted it to, on his shirt.
After the game, the players were signing posters and anything you had so....we just passed the little one down the line and had them sign the back of his onesie! Hilarious! And I think he only spit up once! He kept turning his head back to see what was going on. We ran out of room so we had to do a couple signatures on the bum (of the onesie, of course).
Notice how much hair he's lost lately! It's falling out like crazy.
This was before heading up to a different game, we took a picture with the boys in their Aggie gear. Christine got Cole a cute Utah State onesie, booties, and bib.

Cole working on sitting up in the bumbo. Cute smile. He loves being in his bouncer while I am in the kitchen. Oh, and his eyes are changing, kind of a brownish green!

I thought this was funny of him getting his thumb in his mouth. His fist is always in there, but sometimes he can focus on just a thumb or finger. This is what it looks like...

Step 1: Open the mouth and get the fist ready.
Step 2: Bring fist towards mouth and stick out thumb.
Step 3: Suck!
Visiting daddy at Costco is a favorite activity when we have some shopping to do. No, this baby is not for sale.

Tyler has taken on a new hobby lately: canning! His mom is a pro canner, so he has wanted to do it ever since we got married but I've always been a little hesitant. It seems intimidating to me for some reason. Anyway, our little garden has been making tomatoes like crazy so he wanted to do salsa. I finally agreed, and we stayed up till 1 last night canning 9 quarts! I still smell like onions. And I have to say, it wasn't that hard and it was really rewarding knowing that we added to our food storage with something we made. We're anxious to do something else, any canners out there that know what we can can this late in the season??

Life has settled down as we've figured out our routine and settled back into school mode (for me anyway). Cole is being a good boy for his babysitter, my good friend and job-share teacher Shanna, and I couldn't have picked a more wonderful person to watch him for 4 hours of the day. It was just truly a blessing that she needed someone to watch her little boy and I needed someone, and we both wanted to teach part time, I just couldn't have imagined a better situation. Other than just staying home with Cole, of course. But hopefully after this year I will be able to!
We've got Cole's 4 month check-up on Monday, so I'll post after that and let you know how he's been growing!

3 comments:

Sterling said...

Jackie how could you ever let Christine choose Utah State? J/K what am I saying I am still here trying to get my degree. It is good to be able to see how things are going on in your life. We are still trying to figure out a routine with our little girl but I sure it will happen

McKelle said...

I love the coordinating number shirts! You're so cute! That's impressive that Tyler likes to can! Don't tell anyone, it might ruin his bad boy image but...Josh likes to sew!!

The Bingham's said...

Impressive Tyler!! I just can't believe how big Cole is getting. What an angel. I LOVE the numbered shirts and the number sign. I am sure Cole loved all the attention of the hot volleyball girls :)