Thursday, July 3, 2008

Way to go Cole!

We had our 3 week doctor's appointment this week for Cole, and we wanted to share the good news that he is growing! I've never been a big worrier, but this new role as a mom just officially turned me into one. At first I was worried because he wouldn't wake up to eat, and I wasn't sure if he was getting enough, and now I'm worried that I'll never get a break because he won't stop eating. And I always worry if we're doing the right thing, or if not the right thing the best or most efficient thing (there has got to be a faster way to get him to sleep than walking/rocking forever - any ideas?). Pretty lame huh. But all this worrying makes me invest and love him more than anything. SO, the doctor's trip went great, he's doing everything he should be and growing fast. He now weighs 9 lbs. 6 oz, and was born 7.11, so that's great! I guess he's still a little guy in comparison though, I have good friends that had babies that weighed that much in their 7th month of pregnancy :) I can see him filling out more, especially his cute double chin, and he just is feeling beefier. So, keep it up kid!

His umbilical cord FINALLY fell out last week, hooray! What an exciting day that was! Just wanted to show you how cute it turned out. And I love this picture because this is what he usually looks like when I change him; he gets that right arm up there and really stretches. So cute!



On a side note, Tyler and I took him to his first movie this week! Like I mentioned before, I was a little worried. It was a later show, so he was sleeping on the way there but of course woke up as soon as we walked in the theater and started to cry. I'm sure the people around us were like, "what are they thinking!". But it was short-lived, and as soon as I took him out of his car seat (which is REALLY hard when you can't see cause it's dark and you haven't done it tons) he fell asleep and was out the entire movie. Yay! We saw Baby Mama, and it was a cute movie by the way (Tyler picked ;) Our next adventure is taking him to the drive in tonight! We'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

McKelle said...

Wow, he does look beefier! Good job momma! The sleeping thing I never figured out. I was always told to let them eat and when they're done and starting to fall asleep, try to put them in their crib just a little bit awake so they learn to put themsleves back to sleep. I really just let them fall asleep and then tried my darndest to get them in the crip w/o them waking back up! You and he will figure it out!! Good luck! He looks so cute in his tiny weenie diaper!

McKelle said...

OOPS! TYPO! I meant teenie weenie diaper! Not the other thing I wrote! HE HE HE!

The Howards said...

Good for you! I'm glad you and Tyler are able to get out some. We need to do that more! He is such a cute little guy. I love his belly and wish I was there to hold him.
P.s. I love you comment by the way. Scott was a little confused by the underwear joke. I'm sure your drawer is just as neat as ever, just don't come look in mine!

Julie said...

Yay! I love seeing the pics of Cole! I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks! Wow! I think I need to come visit and play with you two one day. What do you think? I will call you! (p.s. the pic of you and cole... you look beautiful..you are just glowing!)

BenJenKids said...

So glad you still are finding Mom time and Mom & Dad time. It's great he's cooperating with everything. All I can say is every one of your kids will be different in how to get them to sleep, eat, potty train, etc--so the best advice is just to work with the kid and keep trying different things until it clicks. I know, really helpful, huh!