Friday, August 29, 2008

Workin Mama

Here I go, back to work! School started for the kiddos this week, which means work started for me last week. It's SOOOOO different this time. I absolutely love being a teacher, I feel like it's what I was meant to do while I'm here, other than be a mom. Everything about it just fits my personality so well. Because I'm so committed to it, the past 3 years that I've taught I've really put a lot of time into it, Tyler jokes that I really am getting paid about $3 an hour because I stay so late after contract time. But this year, I am only teaching part-time in the afternoons, which means I'm there every day for a half-day, and then every other Friday I have off (like today! woo-hoo!). The teacher that teaches our class in the mornings, Shanna, is amazing and we worked out a sweet deal where I watch her little Will in the mornings, when he's not at pre-school, and she watches Cole in the afternoons. I can't think of someone other than our family who I would trust Cole with more. What a blessing! Anyway, to go back to teaching and be only part-time and with a baby is just so weird. Instead of being to school by 8 and not leaving till 6 or 7 or 8, which is what I'm used to (since Tyler works so late, I didn't have to rush home to be with him), I'm getting to school at 12pm and leaving literally within a half hour after the kids do, around 4pm to pick up Cole from Shanna's. I just miss my little man so much, not to mention I'm still nursing, so. And we have a great class this year, they are really cute and fun to be around, and it's not like I don't have anything to be doing at school. I am so behind already :) I guess my point is that I continue to be amazed at how much one little 12 lb. baby can change your life. I'm sure that as we get into our routine more that I will find a balance.

Meanwhile, Cole has been learning how to roll over! The other night, we were downstairs watching the Democratic National Convention and he was having some tummy time when he suddenly flipped over! It surprised him and made me SO excited! So I flipped him back, and he did it again! And again and again about 12 times. He was so proud, it was fun to see the wheels turning and him learning a new skill. I absolutely can't get enough of that sweet little boy. I am afraid to have my next child because it's going to be hard to follow this experience, but I know my heart will make room and I'll love them just as much.

He also is getting better at reaching out for things. He finally is interested on the animals attached to his bouncer, where they just seemed to annoy him before. He loves hitting that giraffe!



And, last but not least, I'm doin this tag for you, Jenn!

4 things I like about my husband...

-Only 4? I'll just do the first 4 that pop in my head... He does things that need to be done around the house that I don't want/don't know how to do, like grout in the shower and hanging up pictures. He makes me laugh somehow every day. He loves Cole and me SO much, and kisses me first when he gets home from work! He has an solid testimony and gives 100% to his calling.

4 movies I'd watch more than once...

-Like Jenn, I don't like watching movies multiple times, but one that I have seen many times and still am not sick of is Fever Pitch. I am a Jimmy Fallon and Red Sox fan, so there you go!

4 shows I watch...

- The Office, Wipeout, Biggest Loser, Rachael Ray

4 places I've been...

- Kauai, Croatia, Paris, Slovenia

4 places I'd like to go...

-Anywhere tropical on a cruise, New York City, Prague, London

4 people who email me regularly...

-Mom, Dad, Katie, and work people

4 things I like to eat...

-Cookies are my favorite, orange cream popsicles, grapes, and jerky

4 things I'm looking forward to in the coming year...

-All of Cole's milestones, Christmas with the family, losing more baby weight, and summer again!
4 people I tag...

-Go for it, anyone who wants to!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

THANKS SIS! =) I love learning more about you! I miss Cole already!! See ya tomorrow!

The Bingham's said...

I know how hard it is to leave that little one behind. But, I also know what an amazing teacher you are and how much influence you have on your kids. I know it will never ever replace being a mom to Cole, but you are doing some good. By the way, it was so awesome to see you guys, thanks for stopping by. Cole is much cutier in person. :)

McKelle said...

It sounds like you have a great set up!! Cole is getting so big! I love his little grin!

Julie said...

It sounds like you're already balancing everything so well! I knew you wouldn't have any problems being an amazing mom AND a wonderful teacher. :) Have a great next couple of days!

My name is Andrea said...

As a beneficiary of your fabulous teaching skills, I just want to second that you were put on earth to be a teacher. In fact, Mr. Broadhead and I had a conversation once during your 1st year teaching in which we talked about what a natural you are. We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to benefit from your talent!! Aliza has a great teacher this year and one of the things that she said she likes about her right away is that she looks like you! (There is something about her that reminds me of you, although she doesn't really look ALOT like you!) Maybe a little!

Anyway, Cole is adorable...If you are half as good of a mom as you are a teacher, he is one lucky little boy!