Friday, September 5, 2008

Best Labor Day EVER!

I LOVE going home to where I grew up in Neola, Utah, and that's just what we did over Labor Day weekend. I wish we could spend every weekend out there, just relaxing and being with family. It's just so laid back and comfortable (maybe that's because I'm not doing the cooking or cleaning!! I guess it never ends mom, and just when you think you don't have to clean up after us anymore ;). We took off Saturday night (late) and headed for Neola, our little man slept the whole 3 hour drive and then the rest of the night almost when we got there. I love how he's cool with whatever we want to do, I seem to worry more about it then he does. He's just happy, no matter what no matter where. Thank heaven for my low-maintenance baby!



Anyway, we had a blast doing nothing. Here is Cole snuggling up to grandma. I don't think he likes her at all... :)





When we were going to eat dinner, I put Cole in the swing and went around the corner to fill up my plate.

When I got back, this is what I saw. Hey, who put that binky in there? seriously, I don't remember doing that.
He also loves his auntie Jenn. This picture cracks me up!
Mom, Jenn, and I had some girl time and left the boys at home while we went to Grandma's. She liked to wear nightgowns to bed, so we found a few of our favorites to surprise our honeys with when we got home. I had a much cuter one on but they made me change.
Mom just bought a huge tub of Lincoln Logs, and of course it created endless hours of fun for Tyler, I mean, all the kids. This is Josh wondering if Uncle Tyler will ever let him have a turn building something. Or maybe just plotting a way to knock it over on "accident".


The final product. Good job honey!
Our (family's) dog Okie had 11 puppies! 2 of them didn't make it, so now there's 9, and they are really cute and cuddly. This one is Tegan's favorite.


The little litter. They are for sale, let us know if you want one!!
Tyler was holding Cole on the swing, and of course I had to take a million pictures. Just a few of my favorites...





Look how good he is at holding his head up!

This is the treehouse my dad is building for Tegan and the grandkids. It's going to be awesome when it's done!


Okay, some pre-Labor day pics I needed to put on. My handy man built 2 very large frames! We bought these 2 great prints when we were in Charleston a couple summers ago, and have been wanting to frame them since. But it's so expensive! So Tyler finally decided that he would just make them, and they turned out amazing! Thanks for sharing your tools dad!



One of the finished products.

We are blessing Cole this weekend so I can't wait to post the next one!






6 comments:

McKelle said...

I love that first pic with your mom and Cole. It's darling! Also, the night gowns are awesome, similar to what my mom wears. They remind me of when I was 8 months pregnant with Crue and so uncomfortable in my clothes cause seriously, I'm already big but being pregnant, where do you find clothes for a girl my size. Well, Josh knew that none of my clothes fit and he went to Walgreens of all places and bought me a Moo Moo. Honestly, he did and he was serious. He said the sales lady said I would love it. Ok, they were both smokin' something! I have to give him credit for the nice gesture! Cole is getting more handsome everytime you put new pics up!! He looks and sounds like so much fun!

Tyson said...

I love the pics of Tyler and Cole. Cole is seriously Tyler's mini-me. And that little comment about Tyler and the lincoln logs....SO Tyson! They are so alike it makes me laugh. :)

Jenn said...

SO cute, but really...Cole is even more adorable in person =) Good job on those frames Tyler! You're so lucky to have such a handy man! Course I got a big, tall, dreamboat-hahaha!

The Holmes said...

So ADORABLE! What a cutie! Love the pics and I agree with going home - it's so nice to just relax! Have a great time and we'll talk soon!

Love ya gal!

Shanna said...

What a fun time with the fam! I wish I would have got to see you so thanks for calling. j/k But I have to say that I love, love the night gowns! Tyler I'm sure just could not resist you in that. :) And Cole is adorable!

Jacque said...

Mike and I think cole is sooo cute. Hope you are doing well.