Thursday, September 11, 2008

The blessing of Cole

What a special weekend for our family! Tyler blessed Cole last Sunday, and it all was so wonderful. Many months ago when we were planning when to have him blessed, we realized that we had a lot of busy schedules to accommodate because we wanted as much family to be there as possible. We had family spread out from Virginia to Ecuador. So, this last Sunday was the first Sunday that everyone on my side was back in Utah and we were so glad that our Oregon family could make the drive over.

Here's our handsome little man! He was so great and didn't cry during the blessing, which I was hoping for. His teeny tux was soo cute.


Afterwards, we had everyone over to our place for desserts in the backyard. I'm glad we got this 4-generation shot of Cole, Tyler, Rod, and Grandpa.
Here's our Oregon family! Thanks for making the trip over, we love you lots!

Us.
TP and Cole.

The Utah family! This is the first time we've all been together for a few months, it was great. Parker, Jenn, and the boys got back from Virginia last month, Shane had just gotten back from Virginia/Baseball Road Trip last week, and Christine just flew in from San Francisco playing volleyball that morning!
We had a yummy lunch before, and here's mom getting it ready!

While we got lunch ready, dad got to watch Cole.
Enjoying lunch.

A cute one of Cole.
The Friday before the blessing, Rod and Tyler went for a ride (yes, Rod rode all the way here from Oregon) up around Bear Lake. Here they are with Rod's bike.
Cole and Grandma!
Cole with daddy and cousin Shaely.
I just had to put this in, it cracks me up! Nana and Grandpa got here right after Cole woke up, and he just wasn't interested in being social. But he warmed up to them pretty quick! It was fun to see them and have them here.




With Aunt Jessica. This is at the end of the weekend, and I'm pretty sure he was all pictured out. :)

7 comments:

Jeana said...

So fun! Yea I've been getting into running, not quite as fun as volleyball, but its got its own kind of excitement. I'm running in the Top of Utah Marathon in Logan, I'm way excited, you should do one when you get the time!

The Bingham's said...

What fun!! That is awesome that all the family could be there. That is a challenge at times. I just can't believe how big he is getting!! You must be feeding him well.

Isaak and Jackie said...

way handsome little guy. Congrats! your family looks great

TURNER TALES said...

Hey Jackie....it's Aunt Jill (Turner). I just saw your comment on Kim's blog and thought I'd check out your cute little family!!Your Cole is sure a cute little boy. He looks alot like both of you!! Sorry I peeked at your blog, but I miss seeing all you gals!! Take care....Jill

My name is Andrea said...

1. Cole is adorable!
2. My grandma passed away when Aliza was 4 months old and I still regret not getting a 4-generation picture... :) That is so neat that you got that, he will always love it!
3. Knowing that you loved aprons would have come in handy during teacher-appreciation week! ;o)

Julie said...

Thank you for letting us share your family's special day! Cole looked so handsome! I hope everything is going well!

McKelle said...

He is a handsome devil! I love his little tux!