Saturday, August 2, 2008

Proud Mamas

During my five years at Utah, every single roommate I had was wonderful, which I think is an exception to the college roommate rule. I was fortunate enough to get to room with my dear friend Brenda my freshman year, and it worked out so well that we stayed together through my whole time at Utah. I learned so much from her, and I always thought "she is going to be a GREAT mom someday!". So she now lives in Arizona, and we don't see each other or talk as much as we used to, but one thing I've learned about the great roommates that I had at school was that even though we haven't heard from each other for awhile, when we do get together it feels just like old times. I think that is a sign of a true friend! Anyway, her and her cute family was in town for a family reunion and we all met up for lunch. This is Bren with her cute little 9 month old, Kimmy. It was so good to see you Bren! I love you as much as ever and you ARE a great mommy!


5 comments:

The Howards said...

I'm so jealous. We have had great roommates! I haven't seen Brenda for so long! What cute moms you both are and such adorable little ones too! I love my roomies!

McKelle said...

That's so great that you got to visit with Brenda! She is going to play with me on a rec. team in tempe this next season and I'm so excited! That's a cute pic of you both and I can finally see an updated picture of her cute baby, and of course your handsome Cole!

Shanna said...

Hey jackie! I found your blog and your little family is so cute! Congrats on the baby. (two months two late) but I am so happy for you. Next time you are out this way lets get together. :)

Miriam said...

Jackie!! Man, you are one foxy mom. You look so beautiful! I found your blog through Shanna, who just found my blog through Marth. Small blog world, right? Your little man is so sweet, and it looks like you've got a happy little family. Don't you love being a mom? SEriously. CongratuFATlations!

M-Ware said...

Hey Jackie. Whoa, it's a regular Roosevelt reunion around here. Congrats on your adorable family. I'm so glad I found your blog. You are going STRAIGHT on my blogroll.