Monday, March 30, 2015

Everyday life

I absolutely LOVE spring in Oregon. It feels like it lasts forever! Utah springs seem to bloom quick, then freeze and snow again, then bloom a little more then bam it's 90 degrees for 4 months straight. It was such a mild winter here it really feels like it never happened.  I was at Goodwill a couple weeks ago and found a cute, new winter coat for $4 in Kate's size and was so excited to show Tyler that I, for some reason, didn't realize that winter is OVER and it probably won't fit her next year :/ In my mind it was still ahead of us! I'm not complaining. I can see clearly now why people who aren't Utah natives don't appreciate the harsh seasons. Having mild temperatures really makes you soft! :) 

I was so excited to go watch Women's Conference at our stake center last night. It was inspiring, strengthening, and uplifting. I am so grateful to feel appreciated and revered in my roles as mother, daughter, and wife. While I was out, Tyler put the kids to work in the yard. They weeded their little hearts out. Oh I mean Cole and Kate weeded. Let's just say Luke is not a big fan of work unless it's convenient for him. And that is usually never. It's a hard life being the third child. 


He may not be a fan of working right now but at least he cracks us up every hour of every day. Oh dear, I am picturing past friends in school that felt that getting a laugh was more important than school work. That's not my baby, right??!! This was after church today, we told him to go get his cozy clothes on and he comes sneaking out of his room with clothes on OVER his church clothes and pants around his knees. He just knows what will be funny and makes everything silly and fun.




I love it when my kids bring me flowers, I always make such a big deal out of it like they are giving me a hundred bucks. So sweet!

Car babies! Hadn't seen each other in a couple weeks, they were catching up and attached at the hip for an hour or so. I love watching them together. They are growing up too fast.

Tyler and Jackson shooting bows.

We did a fun hairdo for St Patricks day. This girl is up for anything!

Sweet Lucy. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for such a good baby. The other ones were too, but I'm so grateful she is. Life could so easily be so much harder right now if she was a normal baby. She is such a dream.

We had a huge downpour and I was so happy to see the boys want go out and get drenched. I worry that my kids are becoming city kids sometimes. Things like this make me not worry so much.

Kate was in heaven, holding baby bunnies at preschool!

We had a special opportunity to visit a sweet little friend at Doernbecher Children's Hospital and bring her some fun things. It was a great day!


I've been thinking about surprising Kate with a special mommy date (she usually chooses home pedicure, going somewhere for something sweet, or shopping) to see Cinderella. I had heard it was a great movie and we finally had some time to catch a matinee. I decided to not tell her till we got there what we were doing. Here we are on our way! I know it's hard to tell in the picture, but she's really excited :) I think she may like surprises as much as I do, and that's a lot.


Another part of the surprise that I couldn't wait to tell her about was that we were meeting her cousin Austyn and Aunt Jolene there too. These two are great buddies and it makes my heart happy to see them growing up together.



It was a completely beautiful and inspiring film. I loved the colors, beautiful language, strong positive messages "Have courage and be kind!" and just everything about it. If you have a daughter, go see it with her. Half way through Kate came over and sat on my lap (mostly because the chair kept folding in on her :) and we watched and talked about it together. It was so easy to see in the movie how someone can be beautiful on the outside (Cinderella's stepsisters) and so mean on the inside, where Cinderella was beautiful inside and out. And even if others treat you wrongly, you can choose to be kind. So many great lessons that are important for girls today! Anyway, I asked her afterwards if she gave it one or two thumbs up and this is what she did:


Here's my 23rd pie for March - Strawberry Whipped Cream. Graham cracker crust with a strawberry glaze on the bottom, sliced strawberries in the middle, then a strawberry whipped cream on top. It was very tasty!! I love this tradition. And I know Tyler doesn't mind it.


Just caught her ready for bed. Thought it was cute. :)

I jumped out of the shower the other day and these were sitting on my bathroom counter. Some little one had snuck in and put them there while I wasn't looking, I found out it was Kate! These little surprises make days so much lighter.


Cole is such a Lego addict and creates so many new things, I've started documenting them by taking pictures when he's done before he takes them apart for something new. He'll run to me and say "Mom, look, this is......" and go into this long elaborate detailed story about this new creation and what all the different functions are, and he's always super excited about it. I've learned to drop whatever I'm doing to listen and ask questions about it because it's important to him. I love his imagination, it is amazing to me.


Cute Lucy waiting for her 2 mo. dr appointment. We found out she now weighs 11 lb 12 oz (55%) and is 22.5 in long (30%).  Head is in the 88th percentile. We were so happy to hear she is healthy and growing on target.

These guys are getting good at waiting and being more patient.

Thought this was cute, Cole's view in the dr. room. That's Luke's cowboy boot next to him.

This pretty little view is what lines our walking path to the park by our house, and there were two beautiful ducks in it yesterday. One of the many reasons why I love where we live is because of this little slough (sp?) next to us. It brings frogs, turkeys, guinea hens, ducks, and all kinds of birds. At night the frogs are so loud but I love how they sound, it makes it feel a little like we're in the country.


We love our park! Had a picnic here this day.

For Cole's mommy date he chose a bike ride to McDonalds for ice cream and a cheeseburger. It was so much fun! He loved feeling big about riding his bike through town.



Just thought this was funny today, I was feeding Lucy before church and the others were just standing in front of me playing and I noticed out funny their heights were, all evenly spaced with each other. So I staged this picture. Don't mind the messy room behind them!


Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.



This last video is so priceless to me. I found it on my phone a couple days ago, I didn't know she had taken it. I think she was enjoying watching herself on the phone so she kept going, but it still is special to me :) Love it. 





This week I am SO excited for general conference and Easter! It will be a great week!!

0 comments: