Monday, March 9, 2015

The dreaded week

Like the last post said, I've been dreading this week of Tyler returning to work for the last month so when Monday rolled around I was the least excited I'd been in a long time :) But I also knew it was time to move on to reality and be a big girl so with that attitude in mind we made it through the week with not many tears! 

The first day he went back was actually amazing, newborn or not. I was doing laundry, yoga, playing with and nurturing little ones, staying on top of cleaning even vacuuming and scrubbing things that needed some attention, keeping Lucy on schedule, just felt like a superstar. Then Tuesday came and I felt just like Jim Gaffigan says it's like to have four kids, "imagine you're drowning, and then someone throws you a baby." I don't know why it was so much harder it just was awful. Kids were whiny and needy, Lucy's tummy was a little grumbly so I was holding her most of the day which was totally fine, just limited my ability to help with one hand. Cole tried my patience to it's end by bedtime, house was a wreck, no yoga, etc. etc. So it's been up and down but mostly good. Still so grateful for my little ones and to be home with them. I never take that for granted, it's one of my greatest blessings. 


Here's the morning we said bye to daddy and gave him back to Costco. 


Lucy is still growing so so much. Happy baby!

Here's the 6 loads of laundry I am constantly doing, I do this much about twice a week. I will never complain about laundry though because I chose it! We're the ones that wanted 4 kids, so here is a consequence of that decision right?! And I love and am grateful for the sweet people that create this job for me. How nice of them. I wouldn't trade them for all the laundry and dishes and messes!

Luke getting in some Lucy time.

I loved teaching preschool this week, we did a Dr Seuss day on Tuesday to celebrate his Bday. We read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and made our own Oobleck, it was fun!

Just look at that hair! And Luke, he's been carrying that blanket (his favorite that he sleeps with and usually only gets at sleep times) around all hours of the day along with the thumbsuck. He's been sleepier and just wiped out, plus eating about double his normal helpings. Growth spurt!

Happy 6 weeks darlin!

This babe loves bathtime. Doesn't cry, just loves to be taken care of!

Tyler got home from a scout campout and let the kiddos try on his 40 lb backpack. Cole and Kate were actually able to wear it by themselves for a few seconds.

These two were so cute, Kate took the book The Little Mermaid and Luke and went out to the gazebo at Rod and Lisa's for some private reading time. She is reading incredibly well for her age, she is blessed with a great memory and after she sounds out or learns a new word she'll remember it the next time she sees it in text. I'm so proud of her! I hope her kindergarten teacher will be able to keep her moving forward next year.

 Here's the latest barn pic! They spent all of yesterday working on a side roof, which is now 1/3 of the way done. I'm so proud of them and amazed that they are doing this by themselves. It's quite the task and it's incredible to me what they can do.
This week we've got friend's birthday parties, meetings, and of course my favorite day of the year - Tyler's BIRTHDAY!!! I love to go a little overboard with it and make it special. And I'm so excited to give him his presents I can hardly stand it! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

LOVE your blog sis!!! :)

JP said...

Thanks Jenn! You are my inspiration, seriously!!