I've had great days or weeks, but never had a favorite month until now. I'm trying not to think about it being over because it will make me sad, but I do want to focus on how AMAZING it was to have my sweetheart home for an entire 5 weeks after Lucy was born. Just another reason we love working for Costco...who else gives paternity leave at all let alone five weeks paid off? I felt like a spoiled person to have another parent around for the majority of the time, it's so foreign to me. Tyler was able to help with his parent's barn and his brother's projects which he loves to do. He is constantly serving others and I love that about him. But mostly he was here at home helping do the daily things that I do, giving me breaks and naps and making our lives easier and more fun. It was wonderful.
This week's photo recap starts with Luke loving Superman, which he calls SuperWhy and I'm not sure what started that. He had 2 Superman t-shirts that are his total favorites, it's a good long battle with tears to get him into anything else (he can be persuaded into 2 other t-shirts, green monkey or red race car, but that's it) and it's really the only strong opinion he has about anything so it's just not worth it to me. So I went and bought him another Superman shirt! And he was SO excited! He was wearing our Superman cape this day with his "xray glasses", flying around the house with his sidekick Kate fluffing out his cape.
Lucy has officially grown out of newborn size and is into 3 months, or a few 0-3 still fit. She is on a great 3-4 hr eating schedule and nights she gets up to eat once and goes right back to sleep. Such an angel! We love our Lucy-girl.
Kate's been into style and matching lately and came up with this colorful number a couple days ago. She's so much fun and is like a burst of sunshine to our days :)
Just wanted to remember how we decorated for Vday this year - it was fun to have our family love dinner with the hearts above the dining table.
I can't believe those beautiful flowers bloomed under my care. I have a knack for killing indoor (okay, sometimes outdoor too) plants and somehow these were survivors!
Cole and I got into it one night before bed and of course I felt really guilty for losing my patience. So I checked him out of school the next day and we did a mommy date at his favorite lunch place, McDonalds. I told him how sorry I was that we had argued and how I hoped we could work it out in a more loving way next time. I think it's important that we apologize to our kids when we mess up, not every time (cause for me that's daily) but enough that they see that we all mistakes and its ok and we also need to make it right. It was awesome to have some one on one time too. This kid is really special to me and I love him so much!
Tyler power washing the sidewalk, can you find the word Hi? I couldn't believe how much dirt he blasted off!
Everyone loves to hold a baby!
Haha, Luke lasts for about 30 seconds (and Lucy too when he's holding her)
This is the sweetest relationship ever. Kate ADORES this babe!
Got all dressed up for stake conference!
5 weeks old
Tyler DJed a family friend's wedding in Washington and took Kate and Luke with him, Rod and Lisa drove up too. Kate danced her little heart out at the reception then proceeded to throw up all the way home, through the night and half of the next day. Luke had the same tummy bug a couple days later. Glad that's out of everyone's system now!
One day I was doing laundry and walked into the laundry room to find water all over the floor. The hose had jiggled loose from the drain and was draining the water onto the floor. It went under the wall and into the kid's room, staining the white carpet with the stain from the bunk beds. Here we are scrubbing it out with one of our favorite things of all time, OxiClean!
Two thumbs up.
A recent shot of how the barn is looking. They just finished up the roof on the side. It's going to be so big and beautiful!
Tyler took this one tonight, just liked her look :)
So this week we shall see what I'm really made of, running a home and family of 6 mostly by myself for the first time. I anticipate a messier house and needier kids, but I'm going to work on staying loving and patient no matter what! Wish me luck.
2 comments:
I love all the pictures and updates!! You guys look like you have so much fun!!Love you guys!
I'm so glad you started blogging again. I love reading all the updates :) your house looks so cute! I love it :)
Post a Comment