We finished up our kitchen lights/ceiling and are LOVING it. We love the softer lighting and especially the openness that happened when we took out the wall dividing the kitchen from the dining room. We are still wanting to do a different backsplash and tile the floor, but sort of taking a break for now. A big Thanks to my super talented husband for doing it all!! We had some of our Oregon family in town last week, and also mom and Tegan for part of the week, but got ZERO pictures. Just wanted to tell you guys how much we loved having you here! Can't wait to see you in May when the little one comes.
Cole finally got a haircut last week, I like it longer but it was just starting to look too straggly. Here's a good look at how long it was...(this is him and Will with their bug catchers, heading outside to find wiggly worms).
Tyler started with the top, then left the bottom long for this great mullet shot.
Final product! It's amazing how Fun Dip can make a haircut so much easier. Tyler did a great job!
We've been having fun doing art lately too. I have this great book called First Art for Twos and Toddlers, and it has WONDERFUL ideas of things to do with young kids to help them experience art and be creative. Teaching art is my favorite thing to do, next to math, at school so I naturally want to do it at home with Cole too. I decided a weekly art night would be fun, so I designated some of Cole's clothes as "art night" clothes and bought a plastic tablecloth from DI to have our art time on (until it warms up outside and we can just hose it all down). This was us making goo, it's just cornstarch and water (2c. cornstarch to 1c. water to start with) but it feels SO cool. He got to choose some food coloring to add too and we mixed up some colors. I loved it! I love getting messy and learning at the same time. Oh yeah, and Cole really had a blast too :) Can't wait to make homemade fingerpaint this week! Here we are just getting started.
1 comments:
Art night! that sounds like so much fun! You should make silly putty one night, that would be fun! I forgot how to do it though, and I don't know if you'd want silly putty strewn about the house. Looks like a blast though!! :D
Post a Comment