Yes, we've been doing lots of growing around here! Me in the belly area, Tyler is growing in years, Cole in his getting big boy underwear, and our house in getting a kitchen mini-remodel. I've been getting flack about not posting pregnancy pictures, and the reason why I haven't put any on is two-fold: a) I forget to ask Tyler to take a picture of me, or b)any picture that does get taken, I'm like blinking or looking very uncute. Still not a fan of this one, but at least you can get an idea of how she's growing (this was actually almost a month ago, so visually add a couple inches to my belly)
Like I mentioned, it was Tyler's bday last week. He had work, so we just did a surprise breakfast with presents, then a yummy dinner when he got home with a fun scavenger hunt. Pretty low key, but I still think we got the "we love you!" message across loud and clear. He always picks berry pie for his bday dessert.
Showing me his bat.
Anything yet?
More randoms: I thought this was cute of Cole and Will, this is what every morning looks like when Tyler leaves for work: I put up the blinds, open the window (no matter what the weather like is outside), and the boys shout "Bye Tyler/daddy! Love you!" as he pulls away in his motorcycle. The neighbors that are walking their kids to school also get a "hi!" and it's fun to watch them look around and try to figure out who it is :)
So our house is growing too, our kitchen is getting some nice work done thanks to Tyler! He has knocked out a wall, built a countertop and cabinet face, installed new lighting, and drywalled a ceiling. And all in like 3 days! I'm SOOO happy with how it's all turning out. Now we just have backsplash and flooring left.
So he knocked it down and then added the raised countertop, it really opens the whole upstairs up. I love that I can be in the kitchen and see what's going on in the dining room.

The first thing to go was this wall that Cole is touching; it separates the kitchen from the dining room/living room and we've been bugged by it since we moved in. It also had 2 cabinets on it that came down and now adorn the garage wall.
Then he did the lighting, here's the old flourescent-industrial light we had going on (he's already started to cut holes for the recessed lights):
This was the hole that light left that he had to fill:
Things got VERY dirty in the kitchen while he was cutting out the holes for the lights.
We're just waiting on the last layer of mud to dry and then we'll paint over it, so I'll post pics when it's finally done. I was so proud of all his work! He's amazingly handy.
More fun pics of Cole - this was him helping me with the laundry. He asked me to help him put these on then kept them on till Tyler got home to show him :) Tyler didn't think it was as funny as I did.
We were reading a cute book called Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms, and the little boy pretends to be an astronaut at one point and has a spacesuit made out of a paper grocery bag, so we decided to make one too. He loved it and even spent a lot of time coloring the front with lots of different colors, which is hard to get him to sit down and do. Fun day! This is him saying "cheese".
Here are those big boy undies I was telling you about! Can you tell he's showing them to me? Woody-Buzz and Nemo seem to be the faves.
8 comments:
YAY sis! Good job on your blog. =)
Ok you look BEAUTIFUL prego! You really do. I can't wait to see my little niece!
Cole is TOO cute in his undies! Haha, there's nothing quite like little kids' bums in underwear! Good luck potty training, you're doing it so right-just waiting till he's ready. It was easy with Jack and Josh because we did not pressure them.
GOOD JOB TYLER! I love the kitchen, I love the openess! It makes such a big difference!
Did Tyler get the boys' birthday message? I hope so!
Love you so much and miss you!!!
love it - love it!!
Wonderful sis! I miss you guys so much! Thanks for the update and all the cute pics! Wait to go Tyler on the kitchen!
You look so stinking cute pregnant!! And cole is adorable in his little undies. we are trying to do the same thing with Zayne now. He was doing really good till we moved and now he back tracked big time. But I love the house! Tyler is such a handy man! :)
Okay first of all, tha pie is professional! It looks awesome! Way to go on the kitchen and lights. And I love the potty training with chocolate chips hehe. Can't wait to hang out this weekend!!!! Wahoo! Lots more pictures to take!
oh my goodness! Cole is just so dang cute! I love his little "pose" with his underwear on. Classic! And his motorcycle face!
You really do look fantastic, and your home is so amazing. Where do you people get all these cute ideas from. You are still a role model to me.
Jackie (Stafford, not Petersen), if you somehow get this put me on your approved list for your blog! I would love to keep up with your cute family but keep getting denied. :( Thanks for always checking in on us.
Post a Comment