Cole was lucky enough to spend a few days at Grandma and Grandpa's in Neola over the weekend, and somehow we made it home with a little doll in our suitcase that I think used to be Tegan's. Anyway, as much as I want my boy to be a manly-boy, I thought it would be a good chance for him to practice having another baby around and learning what kinds of things babies need so he'll be a little more prepared when little sister comes.
So this pink little doll has been attached to his hip for the last two days, and it's adorable! He feeds her pretend oatmeal, gives her milk in her bottle, and carries her around the house wherever he goes. Yesterday we learned that babies need burped after they eat and he thought that was just the funniest thing ever and now she gets burped after every feeding. He also rocked her in his rocking chair while we sang "twinkle twinkle little star", and put her to sleep in his bed. :) She even got a ride on his motorcycle this morning, which he has a hard time sharing. It's really sweet to see him thinking of others outside of himself.
He loves to give big hugs and kisses and is surprisingly gentle... Until he's ready to do something else, then he kind of forgets to be soft and throws her down. We're also learning that babies don't like to get poked in the eyes, she has eyes that open and close and he likes to play with them. So this is a good step to take now, learning where babies can softly be touched like their cheek or hand, and where they can't like eyes and ears. I'm just amazed and how fast he picks up things, most things I only have to tell him once and he remembers and applies it. What a fun age!!! Can't wait to see how he does when little one comes along in 3 months....
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Learning to love
Posted by JP at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
what a good idea! He would put her to bed here and tuck her in - so cute! Miss him so much though :(
That is too cute. He is a adorable!! I think that is a good idea. I can't wait for three more months!! Well, I am sure you are having the same issues, LOL!!
that is so cute! and a very good idea. You're little girl is going to be so cute. I can't wait to see the mini jackie! She will be just as adorable as cole has been :D I'm excited.
So sweet! Little ones are just drawn to babies...Crue does such a good job with Berkley. Addi loves Berks but she can't stand it when she cries....in fact, she yells at her. yeah...we're working on that!
Jackie, I've been meaning to respond to your questions about my boys sharing a room. Yea, I laughed when I read that because I have yet to transfer the baby into the crib haha. The plan was always to wait until he slept through the night and then put them in together(Benson slept through the night at 3 mo, so for some crazy reason I thought Ashton would too, not so much) The baby still wakes up two or three times a night. When he starts waking up just once I might start transferring him by having them nap in there together because they do nap at the same time...You might have it figured out before I do, so let me know! So excited for you though you have the cutest kiddos. Maybe we should ask Ami what she did, her kids shared, but I think her little boy slept through the night at 3 weeks...
that is a great idea my girls had dolls but I never thought of teaching them all the different aspects of a baby. Congrats on having a girl.
Wow Jackie, it's getting closer. Hope everything is going great. We are thinking about you guys. Love, Jordan and Jolene
Post a Comment