Saturday, May 25, 2013

These are THE days

I think the advice I hear the most as a mom has something to do with "enjoy them while they are little, it goes by so fast". And some days it does, you turn around and your baby you just brought home from the hospital is ready for kindergarten and now you have other babies too. Then some days nevvvvver end and you can't wait for bedtime. But 90% of the time I just LOVE this phase of our life, with little ones saying and doing funny things all day, learning things for the first time, and just bringing so much joy, light, and innocence in our home. I will love the more time for me and Tyler that we will get as they grow up and won't be so dependent on me (what, I can go to the bathroom by myself or say a whole sentence to Tyler without being interrupted??) but I know for sure I will look back on these busy busy days with happiness and fulfillment. I can truly say I am enjoying the journey and not waiting for a destination. 

I think I'm thinking about this because this past week Cole graduated from preschool, Kate turned 3, and Luke learned to say "Boo!" and stood on his own. I am really excited for this summer which will be full of field trips, hiking, learning to do regular chores (other than dinner jobs), playing in the sun, gardening, math, reading, writing, and lots of free time. It will be great!

I have loved coaching Kate's tball team this year, we've had adorable kids and really helpful parents. Although she hasn't been as self-driven as Cole was his first year of t-ball, she's really enjoyed it and has improved a lot. I love it when she brings me dandelions in the middle of a game.



Cole moved up to Shetland league this year which is a machine pitch division. He is a great little batter and has liked learning the rules more.

Luke is 11 months old now! On top of all the milk, he loves to eat "real" food and snacks, although we still offer baby food to him it's just not his favorite. This is one of our favorite snack games.


He fell asleep on a walk to the grocery store one day, I thought he looked cute.


Grandma and grandpa had a hotel room in Salt Lake one night so we took advantage of the swimming pool! I love how they all love the water.

This was something pretty amazing, I was so proud of Cole. For his man date with daddy, he wanted to take his new big bike (with no training wheels) on Legacy Trail for a ride with Tyler. They ended up going 8 miles round trip! He had heard us talk about this bridge which we run by some days, so that was his goal and he did it. This bike isn't the easiest to ride, it was Tyler's when he was little so a little old and rusty but he doesn't notice. He loves his new freedom and flies around the cul-de-sac on that thing, asking us to time him.


Our ward had a father-sons campout that the boys were able to go to. Cole even spotted a moose not too far from their camp! He really looks forward to it and counts down the days. Next year Luke will join them :)


He was excited about getting asked to ring the triangle for dinnertime.


Here's last month's pie, lemon meringue! We loved the lemon and the crust part, but the meringue was not the greatest. So we just scooped it off. I think it's because I didn't have the superfine sugar I was supposed to and just used normal. Try again another year!


What? I'm just texting my ladies.


These kids love dress up! Kate even stuck a bow in Luke's hair so he wasn't left out.


Don't let that sweet face fool you. She is a firecracker this one. :) Sugar and spice, and everything nice.

He is awesome at pulling himself up and has started cruising a little lately. Just a matter of time...

That hair! Can you believe it?


Best friends.


We made lots of strawberry jam! It turned out great. It always amazes me how much sugar goes in there. But man it's yummy.


We also made pie with our strawberries. This delicious white chocolate one was super good.


The best part of tball - treats!

Watching "The Love Bug" for movie night.


Kate wanted a friend beach party for her birthday so we invited a few of her little neighborhood pals and had a blast. Here we are eating lunch...


Then jumping in the pool and playing in the water. It was a little breezy and warm, but overall a beautiful day. So glad it wasn't raining.

Here's our Cole on his last day of preschool. I'm sad this chapter of his life is ending but grateful he had such a positive experience there the past two years. Kate will start at the same place in August.



This just melted my heart, Tyler was resting on the bed and Luke woke up from his nap and wanted to lay with him. He just laid there so still like that looking at his daddy for a good minute. It was precious.


Sweet Kate on her bday again!



We were planting our garden and had Luke over on a blanket several feet away from the beds. He usually doesn't like the feel of the grass on his legs so he normally won't leave the blanket, but the fresh dirt must have been too tempting for him because next thing I know he's crawled over and climbed on in! We let him play there while we planted the other box then just moved him to the sandbox when we got to this one. He was a happy, dirty boy.


I am so grateful for my beautiful children, my blessed life, and my sweetheart that I get to share it all with. I am one happy girl.

3 comments:

Tammy Peterson said...

Jackie, your adorable kiddos are getting so big!! Cole looks SO much like Tyler in the first baseball picture! I'm so glad that you all are doing well :)

Shanna said...

Loved the update. Luke looks like a cabbage patch doll. :) Your kids are so stinking cute!!

Parker said...

So fun to see them all growing up, even if just through pictures. I hope to see you all this summer! Take care! Miss you guys!