Sunday, March 17, 2013

Birthdays, snow days, last minute get-aways

I love routine and schedule, but every once in a while our predictable little life gets a little more exciting :) And it amazes me how just a few thoughts said out loud can put in motion something big. A couple weeks ago, Tyler and I were just having a normal conversation about our Oregon family and how much we miss them and wish we could see them. I realized Tyler had some time off around his birthday and said what if we go, just us and Luke? Next thing we know, Tyler found some SUPER cheap buddy passes from a friend that works for Delta, my mom so sweetly agreed to take Cole and Kate for a few days, and we were on our way to surprise our family! It was a much needed breather and I came home feeling recharged and so blessed.

But of course, because I blog so much (ha) I have tons of other pictures to show you as well! And when I uploaded pics this time, they decided to put themselves in really random places throughout the post and I am definitely too lazy to spend time dragging them all in chronological order. So get ready for some bouncing around :)

Luke is almost 9 months old and could not be any more sweet. I still think he's too good to be true. He likes being in his walker but mostly just because of all the fun buttons and things he can push. He still is not interested in moving around, crawling and even rolling over are just not important. Which I am totally fine with, I love that I can sit him down with some toys and not have to stress yet about where he's going and what's going in his mouth. 


 Here he is just a couple days ago, notice the haircut??!! Here's pre-blueberries...
And post-blueberries. 
 Here's some more of those berries, just in pie form. This was my 23rd pie for February, I'd never made blueberry before and thought we'd try it. It was ok. Cooked blueberries are not my favorite.

 Doing some tummy time. He can rotate a complete 360 degrees in this position however!

Here's what Kate's been up to, my little troublemaker :) She was putting on makeup, once again (I thought we were past this? It has been a few months).


Helping with the laundry! He's great at pulling things out of the basket, now I just need to show him how to fold. Look how long his hair was!
 This girl. One minute I'm so frustrated with her because she's doing something she knows she shouldn't be, and the next she's being miss adorable. She makes me so happy!


I never get over how happy I am when I see my kids voluntarily sitting down and looking through books.

Kate took this one of Luke after she gave him the toy knife. He loved the bouncer for the first 7 months and now it's just too restricting for him. Time to put some baby things away!

These two have been pretending together so cute. Kate is finally old enough to keep up with Cole's crazy role-plays and pretend worlds, which is a credit to her smartness because sometimes I struggle. One day Cole had the idea to create a power-pack like Ironman's and tape it to his chest, then wear it all day and people wouldn't even know that he really was Ironman. He brought me the tupperware lid and I convinced him taping it to his shirt would be more comfortable. Then of course Kate wants in on the action. So here are my normal kids...

 And here's my superhero, power-packed kids! Those faces crack me up.

 For Valentine's day, I made my sweetie a bouquet of bacon roses! So easy and a fun surprise.

 Kate loves painting.
 Luke loves daddy. Whenever Luke sees him, he'll look at him with this anticipatory smile like he knows he's going to do something loud or funny or crazy, and he always delivers. It's so cute.

My Valentine's day present: a working fridge! We were fridgeless for 8 days, thank goodness it was cold outside and we could keep some things out on the back porch. My wonderful handyman husband did some research and figured out the part that was broken and then fixed it. But then he went a step farther and fixed the water/ice dispenser while he was at it! Which hasn't worked the whole time we've had the fridge, 8 years. I'm so grateful for him and all his handi-ness. It has saved our family so much money.


This was the pie I made for February, Chocolate Walnut. It tasted like a yummy brownie in a crust, we loved this one! Looking at it though reminded me of the pie from the book/movie The Help. I am happy to say mine had no special ingredients, other than lots of love.


Another blueberry-eating shot of Luke. This is his favorite face to make!

Brother love.

Cole discovering what happens when wet lips meet a dry ice cube. Don't worry, Tyler is right there to help him, I knew it was a one man job so I thought I'd do something productive.


While we were in OR, Janale took some great pictures of the kids (of course, she is so gifted). This was Luke's first time seeing a real kitty!


That hair was so out of control!
 What beautiful weather we had!
 So great to see Jolene and meet sweet little Quade.

The boys had fun making a huge bonfire, and Luke was happy to share Eva's wagon while we were there, they loved riding around in it.

 Little Quade.
 It doesn't get much better than bathtime with babies.
 The first cut of hair! Goodbye mullet. No going back.
 More bonfire.

Car cousins at 9/8 months. How cute are those matching outfits? Thanks grandma!

Beautiful baby boy!



This was on our flight to OR, he did so great. I was a little worried, it was way past bedtime but he fell right asleep no problem. What a champ.

Taking a break from OR pics, this is what my kitchen looked like for a few days around V-day. So glad it's all put back together.

He was just having an awesome curly hair day and I had to document it.

Another one of Kate's!

We had a great time playing at the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum, Kate could not get enough of the grocery store area. I love how she loaded up her cart, there was zero room left. Wonder where she's seen that done before...
 At the real grocery store getting groceries, I walked there with three 4 year olds, one 2 year old and Luke. It was awesome!

Making cookies with our gal pal Ellie bellie.

TP took the older kids hiking one day, they have no idea how lucky they are to have him as their dad.
 This is in the middle of February. It was quite sunny and beautiful, so Kate wanted to have a pretend picnic of course! And our buddy Bennett decided to mow the snow. Spring fever!
 Love her.
 Helping grandpa feed the horses while visiting.
 For Tyler's birthday, the kids decided to get him each a game from DI that they could play with him. They found this fishing game and it's earned its $2 already.

 We also went hiking for TP's birthday week. Fun!


Birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
 Steak! Yum!

 Ok, back to Oregon. I loved seeing Eva and Luke play together, I could have watched them for hours.


We went for a little ride while we were there. These two boys have too much fun together, it's great.

TP's birthday breakfast. Thank you Dari-Mart and Janale!
 Getting ready for his big elk hunting trip this fall! So excited.
 On the plane ride home. Such a good little traveler. I loved all the comments on the plane, "Oh your little girl is so good! She's so beautiful!" You totally get used to it after 8 months.

Super grandma! She's in heaven.

How cool is this! Right after our plane took off, we could look down and find Rod and Lisa's place! Neat.
 Such a proud moment in my life - when my baby can sit up in the Costco carts and I don't have to bring the car seat in! Good job Luke!
I don't know if I can fit one more picture on here! See you next month.

2 comments:

Parker said...

Thanks for posting sis! It's good to see everything that is going on. Love you all!

Jessica said...

I love all the pictures and when you get in there too Jackie! Thanks for all the updates makes me miss you guys and I wanna play too!