Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Where the camera sits

One thing I am proud of that I am pretty diligent about is keeping the camera ready to go and easily accessible for any moment that calls for remembering. As I looked through the pictures for this post from our last couple weeks, I noticed a common thread (and I have noticed this before, but really): probably 80% of the pictures I take (in the winter time especially when we are inside more) are taken in the living room area, and usually include one of the couches in the shot. I realized anyone who reads this blog probably assumes we live in a 50 sq. foot space and never leave home :) I keep the camera right in the kitchen, easy to grab, and then I put it right back after I take the picture. I have been using my phone for pics when we are out and about, so I need to start adding those to the blogs. So...we really do leave the house and living room, but I'm not so great about capturing those trips to the store and library because my camera is not sitting there.

A couple of things we've been up to or I've been thinking about lately:
  • We house/child sat for a family last week. The parents left for vacation and left us with their home and 4 children, we just moved in for 6 days and kept things running. They are a really great family and fun kids, we had a super week. But I am so glad I only have 3 kids and not 7!
  • Have you read Cheaper by the Dozen? It's what the movie is based on, but so different and realllly a great book. Just recommending.
  • Tyler has had new responsibilities at work this past month and has been having crazy hours - 5 am - 1:30 pm every day except days off, Weds. and Sun. That ends this week, but it's been different to have him going to bed the same time the kids do and having the evenings all quiet and lonely :( But it's been good for him at work to do what he's been doing!
  • We cut out Luke's night feeding (wow that was easier than I expected) and he sleeps clear through the night now. Which doesn't mean I do, Cole usually is up to go the bathroom and is going through a scared of the dark thing right now so I get up to and walk him. But yay for Luke! :)
  • Found a race for us to do: a midnight half-marathon on the Legacy trail on my birthday! Excited to have something to look forward to and train for, and although I do love my treadmill and watching the Biggest Loser, I can't wait for some warmer mornings so I can get running outside again. I've been quite the nancy this winter, it's just way too cold for me this year. Must be getting older.
  • Missing my family lately, wanting a trip to Neola or Oregon like, tomorrow. 
  • So grateful for: warm, cozy bed, libraries, a husband that can change oil and take care of my car, healthy kids, clementines, opportunities to serve, and a life full of love.

Here's the latest. I dare you to find a picture not taken by one of the couches. :)

Funny faces.

 Just waking up.

I still make a pie every 23rd in honor of my darling and our anniversary date, this month's was Caramel Apple-Pecan and it was super yummy. I am definitely not a great food photographer.

We have still been getting pounded by the snow, this last storm brought a fresh 8-10 inches to our already high level of snow. I took a picture of our backyard before bed one night because the trees looked so beautiful.

Here's the morning after. I went outside to shovel our driveway before Tyler got home from work and put Luke in the bouncer so he could be a part of the fun. He loved it and stayed cozy warm!

Sorry it's sideways, I had to add it. Cole threw a baby snowball at Luke right before I took it.

 Cole recently had a PJ Party at school, he couldn't have been more excited to go.
 More brother love.

I mentioned this last post but we were so stoked for Kate to be done with diapers we threw her a potty party (with the motivation being a whole day with not one accident). We turned the music super loud and had a dance party which in our house is the kids running around dancing in their undies and us shaking it fully clothed with Luke laughing at everyone. Then we had her favorite dinner which this night was stroganoff. I had made her a cake that said Way to go Kate with frosting undies and lots of sprinkles. It was a fun way to show her how proud of her we are.


This was a funny day, I came out of our room from putting Luke down for a nap and Kate had conked out while Cole was on Tyler's phone, it was just so unusual because my kids neve just fall asleep, it's always in their beds at the right time with things in the right place. I love how sweet she is with her baby.

 Can't kiss those cheeks enough. Kate was taking pictures and said, "Mommy, give Luke some sugar!" haha.

Look at that hair flip! :)

And for the last living room picture...this was fort day and we put up the little tent and created a fort. Hours of entertainment I tell you. And I discovered Tyler's clamps that he uses for his wood projects are super handy for holding down blankets.


Ok there were a few of the kitchen or yard area! This week my plan is to take not one single shot in the living room! Wish me luck.

0 comments: