This has been such a terrific summer! We've kept busy but not so busy that we aren't enjoying it all.
We spent some time at mom and dad's over Independence Day weekend, Kate tried on kneepads for the first time. She has a little growing to do!

She is our little sunshine!

Lovin grandma.

Notice the diaper full of swimming pool water :) She loves to climb anything, but can't figure out how to get back down most of the time.

We went to Neola's 4th of July Parade, Cole wanted to dress up of course. I have never gotten so much free candy! It was better than Halloween!

Dad, Jessica, Tammy, and I ran in the half-marathon the morning before the parade. We painted our nails to match the occasion, I chose cheetah spots to help me run fast like a cheetah and the initials T, C, K, Teg and CM to inspire me (Tyler, Cole, Kate, Tegan, Christine). It must have worked, I PR'ed and finished in 1:45! I was extremely happy with the outcome.

Tired but happy!

Cole got signed up for the bunny and chicken chase in the 3 year old division. We were so proud of how he jumped right in with all those kids and chased those poor little animals around. He even had his hand on a bunny, and as I hurried over to help him pick it up another kid came and scared it off. That's when this face happened. But after some tears and convincing, he went chasing again. Fun experience!

Our little cowboy.

And cowgirl.

Painting Kate's toes for the first time.

We got to play in a sand vball tournament too, Shane, Jess, Tegan and I were on a team together. We took 2nd place and won 10 dollars each! It was so much fun. Here's our supporters.

This little girl loves to climb in and fit in tight spaces. Don't worry, no toxic chemicals were consumed.

Just looking cute. Showing me where her head is.

Another thing she likes to do lately - stand up in her highchair while eating.

Sweet cheeks!

We've been spending a lot of time at Lagoon this summer too. It's so nice to live 3 minutes away and just pop over when we want to do a few rides or just walk around. We've done Laguna Beach a few times as well, both kids love the water.

Kate smelling one of our roses from our rosebush.

Tyler had a two day camp up a canyon here in Farmington with his scouts and they invited the moms to come up and eat dinner. I wasn't planning on going because of the kids and dinner/bedtime, but I decided to surprise him and get a babysitter. It was fun to be up there with him in his element and see some pretty sights.

One morning, I was getting Cole's breakfast and I looked over and he's doing this. I asked him what he's doing, he said Mom, I'm just studying my scriptures. It melted my heart! He loves spiritual things and it makes me so happy how much he pays attention.

Cole's 3rd bday! He got a big boy bike with training wheels! He was pretty excited and is still trying to get the hang of it.

New kicks from Uncle Shane! His first air jordans.

Having cupcakes at the park with all his neighborhood buddies. Fun day!

After seeing Kate go crazy with his cake on her birthday, he wanted to get a little messy too. We agreed with one stipulation, he had to keep his hands behind his back. It worked great!

Cole and his baseball cake!

Jess and I riding Re-entry at Lagoon. She was a little nervous, but we had fun.

Too bad I was blinking :( Our favorite ride, the carousel.

Brotherly love.

Bulgy is the first ride we do when we get there! It's one of the oldest rides in the park.

Cole's last tball game. He had a great experience and I loved coaching. Can't wait till next season!


Playing in the water outside. I wish summer could last forever!
0 comments:
Post a Comment