Friday, June 3, 2011

One wonderful year!

Sweet baby Kate turned one last week! Where in the world does the time go. One minute you are jumping around the house with your 1 year old because you just found out you're expecting, and next thing you know that little new one is ONE! We have loved her every second and feel privileged to be her parents. She is our little sunshine, so sweet and calm, and makes us happy every day. She had her first year check-up this week and everything looks great. She's petite but healthy! She needed 5 shots though, so sad. Cole had his three year check up too and he's a pretty big three year old. I feel so blessed to have two healthy, happy kids.

We've also been busy doing things with family, so I've gotta post those pictures too :) These are a little backwards, going from most recent to latest.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend at home with mom, dad, Christine, Walt, Shane, Tegan, and Parker and Tyce! They flew in from DC for Tegan's birthday wish which was to go to the temple and do baptisms. Another crazy time thing, I remember finding out junior year of hs that SHE was on her way! And now she's twelve and just turning from an amazing, fun girl into an amazing young woman. Anyway, we had fun visiting the cabin - throwing rocks in the river, exploring, eating bbq, and making smores. Cole would run over to me and say "I love it at the cabin mom!", he was beside himself with all the "boy" things to do. Here's our wonderful parents that do everything to make these great experiences for us.
Cole really loved being around Tyce and they got along so well. I hope he gets a brother some day to run around and do boy things with :)
The famous picture rock - we've been sitting on here our whole life posing for pictures - it used to be for my Grandma Bliss and now the tradition continues. Tyler actually had the camera tri-podded on the cabin so no one was left out! It was a beautiful night.
It's been FORever since all five of us siblings were in the same place at the same time. It felt great. Although we're all "grown up" now, its fun to see we still interact and have fun the same.
Everybody (but dad, he was visiting with someone I think) that was there. At the Neola Cemetary on Mem. Day.
Here's baby girl by Grandma Bliss' grave (Kate's middle name).
Kate got this doll from Grandma and Grandpa Morrill for her birthday and loves to hug it and burp it! She'll tuck it in her little neck like this for a hug and then pat its bum with her hand. Adorable. She does the same thing with remotes, blankets, and stinky diapers.
Grandma reading to the kiddos. Although Kate looks uncomfortable, she actually enjoyed the book in that position for a few minutes. She's really getting used to Cole's "loving" ways as she gets bigger.
Playing with the doggies. I love Cole's face at Tyce on this one, like YOU are my best buddy ever!
Swinging with grandma.
Birthday! Again, sorry they are backwards, but you'll get to see it from finish to start. I love the tradition of giving them a cake to go crazy with, it makes for some fun pics. She really didn't get as crazy as Cole, she's a lady, but it sure did get alll over by the time she was done playing with it. One of my favorite things that happened during this was Cole's reaction to it. Sure we play and get messy, but almost never give one of our children food and just let them do what they want with it. So he was amazed that we were actually encouraging this kind of behavior. He kept saying "I cannot believe it!" With his palms up, arms out, and really emphasizing the believe part. Then he would go over to her and say "Smash it in your face Kate! Do it!" and really cheering her on. It was cracking me up! He gets his cake this week, I've asked him if he wants to get messy with it or not and I've gotten different responses at different times (he usually dislikes getting sticky or really messy in general). I'm interested to see what happens. :)




She wasn't into blowing, so Cole helped her out.
A few pics from present opening...I love this sunhat. And I'm not sure what Cole is pretending to do here.
This was cute, she'd tear off a tiny piece and give it to grandma. Just like Cole used to! What a tidy girl.
These boots were a hit - gift from grandma Lisa and grandpa Rod. They even light up! I can't wait for her to fit in them, they are awesome.
Birthday princess pucker. Waiting patiently for birthday dinner.
We bbq'd and had a great time with the family that could come. So sad it was rainy all morning though! Glad it cleared up after church so we could do cake outside.
Playing with bubbles on the deck. It was a great day.
Other events that have happened recently...Cole and Tyler were able to go to Father and Sons Campout this year with our ward last weekend and Cole could not have been more excited about it. Tyler goes camping every month being Scoutmaster and Cole is just used to the idea of not going with. So the fact that he could go with his this time was almost too much to handle (I so ESSITED!) He packed his bag, picked out some goodies, and they headed off. This is one of my favorite pictures of them together ever, right before they left.

Eating his PBJ dinner around the campfire. Tyler said he kept saying "Thanks for letting me come with you dad!" and giving him hugs. Aww!
This is Kate and me playing while the boys were gone, I just thought this face was great.
A few other random things...here's an art project we did one day. Anything with food coloring and messiness is a hit around our house.
Kate loves pretending to talk on the phone, and almost anything can be considered a phone. This one just happens to be a real phone.
I came in after a nap one day to find that Cole had climbed in bed with now-awake Kate and he started jumping up and down while Kate held on for dear life. I just love the smiles on those sweet faces.
And this is his mean face. Pretty good!
Such sweetness! Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
These swings were so cool! We swung forever on this.
Riding the fourwheeler with daddy at grandmas.
Cole just discovered he can do the chuck-it with Okie on his own and he played out there with her forever by himself. I like seeing him do things independently and grow in his confidence of himself.
She really loves her daddy.
This is when we were home for Mother's Day, it was a beautiful thing to see those guys in there making dinner for us. Of course, mom's over there trying to help with something, it's so hard to get her out of the kitchen when dinner's being made. It was the best day!
On an especially windy day, I took the kids over to the school grounds to let Cole fly his kite for the first time. It was one of those moments that you just wish you had every day. The wind was so perfect he just had to stand there basically and his kite got up, and the look on his face was just unforgettable. He was asking all these questions about how it worked and it turned into the best teaching moment. Kate was content with her pinwheel getting spun around. I love being a mom!


Cole asked to be a cat one day, I obliged.
Some things we have to look forward to for the summer: Cole's birthday this week, anniversary in July, Park and Jenn and boys coming in July, a half marathon at the first of July, houseboat trip with our OR family in July, and two drives to OR before summer's out. Plus as much camping, hiking, and playing at Lagoon as we can possibly take. I LOVE summer!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Ok, I agree, that pic of Tyler and Cole getting ready to go camping is ADORABLE! LIke print out and blow up adorable! Too cute. I love them both! Miss you guys, thanks for the update! :)