Friday, July 22, 2011

Lake Shasta!!

We had such a great experience being at Lake Shasta, California for five days with our Oregon family. Although Tyler had come here several times growing up, I had never houseboated before so it was a new, exciting experience for me and the kids. And we LOVED it! I can't wait to get back. The weather was beautiful, the water felt amazing, and the company was the best.




Look at my two handsome guys! Cole was a little cautious of the open water, but he loved being on the boat and especially driving with daddy.
Kate and baby Austyn had fun playing together when they noticed each other, I loved watching them interact. Such sweet girls! This is one of my favorite pics.
Cole and I got to go exploring on shore one day. We found a clamshell, lizard, and lots of skipping rocks and driftwood.
We asked Jackson's Janale to take our family pics while we were there, I'm excited to see how they turned out. Here's us during the photo shoot.
Austyn learned how to pull up while we were there! And Kate got much more sturdy as she walked around the boat while it swayed back and forth. She's almost running now.
One of the cool features of the houseboat was the slide. The best way to go down was headfirst!
Cole relaxing with Aunt Jolene on the tube while watching the sliding competition.
I also learned how to waterski! I had never tried it and it took the whole time we were there, but I finally got up on the last day! It was amazing, I can't wait to do it again. Thank goodness for patient people who kept letting me try over and over again :)
This is more accurate of how I spent the majority of my "waterskiing" time.
Jolene and Jordan teaching Cole to fish. There were a bunch of little fish below, but no bites.
Cousins Eliot and Shaely looking beautiful! Cole had no complaints being the only boy, he even ended up with painted toenails.
Tubing! Such a beautiful lake.
Even after watching his cousins enjoy their tubing ride, Cole still didn't want to be that close to getting in the water ("I'll go when I'm big like daddy, mommy"). But Kate was such a little waterbug, she loved it all! We took her on a short tube ride.

Jumping in with Grandpa!
Sweet Austyn.
One day we drove down under a huge bridge, pretty cool!
Oh vacation, I miss you...
Poor Jessica had to sleep next to the kitchen which meant she was woken up every morning by hungry children. She was a good sport and shared her bed however.
Almost everyone! Can you find Kate?
Spontaneous towel rides are always a good time.
One day we took a little hike and I turn around to see this lovely sight. I'm glad to report that since we've been home my son remembers to wait and use the potty, not just go where and when he pleases :)
Cole gave us many great "gun shows" throughout the week.
This was probably the best thing on the boat - the hot tub. I didn't think we'd use it much during the day because it was pretty hot, but we ended up not turning the heat on and it became a nice little kiddie pool for the kids to play for hours in. Grandma got them the squirters and they loved squirting water over the side.
Hanging out with my best girl.
The boys watched the kids while the ladies took a boat ride, how sweet!
We had a blast tubing together! I love these ladies.
We had a little "meeting" with the kiddos to go over boat rules, grandpa would ask a question and if they got it right they would get a candy. Fun!
More cousin memories.

Here's Cole clinging on for dear life as Tyler patiently tries to get him in the lake water. Maybe next year buddy!

Our turn to babysit! Nothing else in the world I'd rather be doing.
Cole's new travel buddy worked great as we drove a total of 18 hours to get there (we went to OR first for a family reunion and then over to Shasta.) Worth it! And the kids traveled great.
It was a blissful week! We'll be back in August! Right now we're enjoying our time with our Utah family as we have Parker, Jenn and the boys here for a week. I just can't get enough family and cousin time in, it's so fun.

0 comments: