Hello dear friends and family! I know I'm extremely behind with my blogging, but I don't feel guilty! We've been playing our little hearts out this summer and posting does not make the top of the to do list, unfortunately :) I'm going to break this into several posts, starting with Kate's blessing day and a wonderful announcement at the end of this (that I'm sure 90% of you know, so maybe it won't be such a surprise) so read on.
A month ago...Tyler gave Kate a beautiful blessing, I am so proud of him for living such a worthy life that he is able to bless our children and me when I need it. I could feel the power that is in those words, making beautiful promises if she lives worthily. I'm so excited to see the wonderful person she'll grow into, I know this girl has big things in store for her, just like I feel for Cole as well. I'm sure every mother feels that way right :) Just thinking about them coming at this time when things in the world can seem so crazy and dark, they really are going to shine.
So it was a wonderful day for our little family, we were small in numbers but happy to be together, those of us that could :)
Kate was totally decked out in the family garb, she wore my blessing dress and had on mom's blessing booties which were adorable. What a sweetie! Cole still dotes on her and is extra careful around her. He's so great.
She also had on a bracelet I had made for her...I'm such a sentimental person and love traditional, family-passed-on things and I've been thinking about making something special for Kate to wear on her blessing day. Then I thought how cool would it be if she could wear it on her blessing day, baptism day, and then wedding day. And wouldn't it be even cooler if it had something to remind her of the women in her life that came before her, as in me, my mom, and my grandma Bliss (where she got her middle name from). SO...since I am not so talented in this area, I asked my teacher friend from school if she could make me something like this, and this is what she came up with.
6 comments:
what a darling Kate! I love how you always give us a little of your heart in your blog. You definitely made the right decision to be at home and will be blessed for it. Love you!
The word verification for this comment was "imomajoy" Pretty much sums it up . . .
What a great idea for her little bracelet. That is so neat. I'm so glad you get to stay home! That was my dream growing up to! I LOVE it even more than I thought I would.
I LOVE the bracelet idea. If I ever have a little girl I am stealing your idea. :) So happy for you that you get to stay home. And little Kate could not be any cuter!! I lover her hair!! :)
that is such a sweet idea what a great reminder. You are so cool Jackie you just are always about doing good. It was fun to see Burke and Dearwyn in the picture I miss them in Roosevelt.
Love it! And no worries about blogging, we are busy moms and when we get a spare minute blogging doesn't always sound as good as a nap! Kate is beautiful in her dress. Sorry we were not there since I was still recovering. So good to see you the other day though! We should get together soon.
Your kids are so adorable!! And I think you staying home will be the best decision you ever make. It can be hard but those little hugs and kisses and all the "firsts" make it all worth it. We should get together now that I know your available more often. Love ya!!
Post a Comment