Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hiking and swimming

Last summer it was all about going to Lagoon (season passes are the best!), but we've decided that our two main activites for this summer will be hiking and swimming. Tyler had the brilliant idea of hiking every trail in Farmington before summer is over, so we got right to work last weekend. Something really cool about Farmington is the great trail system they have, so many beautiful, secluded trails right in town or close by. I've been wanting to check this certain one out (the trailhead is in our ward boundaries) as I drive by it often so we decided to make it our first trip. Here we go :)
We threw Cole in the backpack and Kate in the front pack and took off. It was quite warm, but we had a blast! Here's a cool log we had to cross to get over a stream.

Cole LOVED it! "Me hiking mommy!"


Look at what we saw in the trail! Almost didn't see it laying out in the sun. It's pretty long, right?!

Check out this view at the top!! B-e-a-utiful!
This guys is talented! Look at his arm in our glasses.
Kate's hiking outfit, I was going for the pioneer look :) Actually I wanted a hat that would give her some shade and that's all that we had. How cute is she! And look how chubby she's getting.

Here's our second summer activity, swimming! I guess that's not too interesting, who doesn't go to the pool. But we've made it a daily event. The pool also has this cool splash park by it, so it's pretty fun. We go from the park, to the pool, to the park, to the pool. We go during Kate's nap so she sleeps in the shade the whole time we play :) Cole never wants to go home.
He's wondering if it's time to do the park or the pool. And I promise he does eat really good at home, he's sucking in air so that's why you can see his ribs :) The farmer tan however, we have no excuse for.

Looking forward to some more great summer!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun idea to hike all of the trails. That would be a blast! And I love Cole's tongue sticking out in that cute picture of him.

Thank you again for your help/advice! I am grateful for your friendship and willingness to always listen. :)

Parker said...

So cute sis! Way to go Pioneer Kate! Thanks for keeping up with the blog, at least we get to see a little of your awesome family. Love you guys!

Danielle said...

Sounds like so much fun! I have heard there are some amazing places in Farmington canyon, yet I have never really explored it! You have just given me incentive!

P.S. I love the baby backpack!

Isaak and Jackie said...

you deserve two great babies in a row and I hope you have many more. I am jealous that Kate sleeps all the time, my baby won't sleep unless he is in his crib or my arms after a long time of fussing. You guys are great.

Kris and Corissa said...

i came across your blog and i couldn't believe that this was the same Petersen family that lived in the apartment downstairs! two kids! your family is so so adorable! you guys are so cute!