Not only have we been blessed with a new baby recently, but she also brought along with her grandparents and aunts that are willing to come be with us and help! Rod and Lisa were here right after she was born and then my mom and Tegan came after that. Cole has loved all the extra attention and he's adjusted to life as a big brother very well (for now anyway, is there a honeymoon period or something I don't know about?). He just can't stop kissing and loving this little girl. He really loves being a big brother and having super important jobs such as shooting baby Kate's diapers in the garbage can and getting me her blanket when she's cold.
I've been feeling so great that I've been able to join in the fun a little and enjoy spending time with my favorite people in the world - my family.
The boys did the pergola while Rod was here while Lisa and I hung out with the kiddos. Thanks so much for coming all the way over here to be with us! We already can't wait to see you in August if not sooner.
When mom and Tegan came I was feeling a little more ambitious and we went to the zoo for Memorial Day! We also had some beautiful weather so we played outside and did some art. I'm always up for making a big mess!
Cole loved the sprinkler. Tegan had fun too, what a great aunt!
Before we played in the water we did some soap fingerpainting.
We also had a great time at the zoo on Memorial Day. The weather was perfect and dad even came out for a couple of days to be with us. Thanks for such a great time mom and dad! Cole is still talking about this train ride.
Here's a funny video of Cole and Tegan playing in the sprinklers in the backyard. Cole loves giving pwisses!
So we are excited for the summer and looking forward to lots more time with friends and family.
Today was the last day of school and I took little Kate over to meet my class since they saw me through my whole pregnancy. It was so fun seeing them again and saying goodbye (that part was a little sad). The best conversation we had was, "Did they have to cut your stomach open to get her out?", "No, that's called a C-section and they didn't have to do that." "Well how did she get out then?". Silence for a couple seconds, me getting ready to give the, "that's a great question to go home and ask your mom about" response, when suddenly a very excited little girl interrupts and asks about Kate's outfit and the previous question is forgotten. Whew :) I will miss my little first graders!!
1 comments:
So cute! I am so glad you are feeling well Jackie. I really want to meet Kate soon. I'm glad she got to meet your class!
Post a Comment