Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meet Kate!

Our sweet little Kate Bliss was born Saturday, May 22 at 6:15 pm! We are so grateful she is here and healthy and happy. She weighed a teeny 6 lb 7 oz and was 19 in long. Although we love big babies, I must say that her size made for a speedy delivery and is making for a quick recovery :) It all went so great and it feels like she just was always meant to be here in our home, part of our family. We didn't even know what we were missing out on!

We came home Monday and just can't get enough of her. I want to hold and kiss her all day long, but I have to take turns because the boys love her just as much. I can't tell you how much Cole loves this little girl! He is so soft and sweet with her and so eager to help with anything that involves her. He asks to hold her several times each hour and has a hard time not being right by her. I'm really looking forward to seeing their bond continue to grow as they grow up, I absolutely loved having an older brother and looked up to him a lot (still do!), and I see Cole and Kate sharing that too.

Well, we weren't just busy with baby things this week. Rod and Tyler took on a yard project, making me a pergola for my early birthday gift! It turned out amazing, these guys finished this in less than 2 days. I was so impressed and I love how it turned out. Last time Rod came over for Cole's birth, they stained the fence. I guess if I just keep having babies our place will continue to look better and better :) Thanks for all the hard work you guys.

The finished project! Tyler designed it himself, his talents never cease to amaze me.

Isn't it great!



This is the last picture of us as a family of 3, right before we headed to the hospital.
This little guy loves his sister.

Grandma holding Kate at the hospital.
I love this picture.
I was sitting in my super cozy hospital bed to the right of these guys, watching them get their picture taken. I remember that it really hit me at this point that these three right here mean EVERYTHING to me, and it's incredible how my heart just has plenty of room for our new little girl to be part of that. I love them so much!
Thanks for being there and waiting all day for her to show up!
Now a family of four! Yes, Cole is trying to poke her in the eye. Already we are dropping the ball on supervising the toddler with the baby!
We went for a walk around the hospital, Cole helped push her the whole time.
He just loves laying by her, and whenever she makes a sound he thinks it's hilarious.
Adorable.
He loved pushing the buttons to give them a ride on the hospital bed.
Finally going home! Yay.
Grandma holding Kate at home.
I could sit and watch Cole interact with her all day long. He loves straightening her clothes...
Making silly faces at her...
And giving her her binky when she cries.
Just some more of my little sweetie. I am LOVING the girl things, all the pink, bows, and different outfits. I change her a couple times a day just for fun. I'm sure she really loves it. Here she is showing you a little leg.


We were getting a little bundled up to go see Tyler outside while he mowed the lawn.
I am so in love with this little one! Everything she does just melts my heart. Before she got here, I was thinking about all the late hours up, constant feedings, and just hard work that goes into having a newborn, but I had forgotten how much I love this stage. How cuddly and warm she is, how sweet her breath smells, how straight from heaven. I'm just soaking it up and enjoying every minute! We're so blessed to have her in our family and get to raise her.

12 comments:

Shanna said...

I am soooo happy for you guys! She is adorable! And I can't believe how much hair she has! I love it! So glad you had a good delivery with no complications. Congrats again. :)

The Bingham's said...

She is just beautiful!! That hair is amazing. I am always so jealous of babies with hair, we didn't have many of those, hahaha!! I just love her name. Cole is going to be an amazing big brother. Congrats to the Peterson's, family of four!!!!

Michelle said...

beautiful pictures Jackie!! Love her so much!

Lindsay said...

Jackie she is absoutely adorable!!! And those pictures of her and Cole...could it get any cuter? I am so happy for you. Hope to see her soon!

Julie said...

She is beautiful! We are so happy for you guys. It seems just amazing how your heart has even more room to love another one. What a blessing! Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet her!

mjlamb's said...

Jackie she is a doll! So much hair to go crazy with... You family is cute! Enjoy the little stage they grow way to fast!

The Howards said...

Beautiful beautiful! I love the interaction between Cole and her! I must say, Scott was reading this and was quite jealous of Tyler's talents. He said, "Who does that?" and then started making a list of to-do projects for Tyler to do for us if you ever make it out to Omaha:) Does he hire out? Congrats again on such a cute little one!

Megs said...

jackie! oh my goodness! she is ADORABLE!! she has so much dark hair, that is so fun. I can't wait to maybe see her at some usu volleyball games, hint hint! :)

Jeana said...

Oh Jackie she is soooo adorable. So glad she is here and doing well. Your little family is so cute.

Shel said...

Congrats Jackie, she's a beauty! I love all that hair, I have to admit I'm slightly jealous of all the pink going around these days :) Cole's t-shirt is so cute too! I know you already know this, but your family is adorable!

Isaak and Jackie said...

man she is beautiful, you two make great babies. I amazed how at much you and Tyler look a like never noticed it until these pictures. Congrats!

Danielle said...

She is the most beautiful little girl!! Look at that hair!!!!! Congratulations!! This kind of makes me baby hungry already....uh oh =0)