Monday, October 12, 2009

We want to hear from YOU!

I love getting the Ensign, every month I read something that really speaks to me. I make it a part of my morning scripture study and really look forward to it. In this month's issue, it talks about Finding and Sharing the Gospel Online and mentions ways that we can join in the conversation about LDS values using our blogs or websites. Reading it really made me feel more excited about keeping my blog updated and sharing more about our wonderful gospel. But I know many of you already do this better than I do, and I want to hear your ideas and thoughts! How have you used your blog (or webpage) to share your LDS thoughts and feelings with others? Even if you haven't done them yourself yet, what are some ideas you have on how to do this? I did hear Elder Ballard's talk from an '07 commencement speech about "joining in the conversation", he said that, "We cannot stand on the sidelines while others, including our critics, attempt to define what the Church teaches". I would love to hear your ideas! I do have a sincere testimony that our church is true, and that living by the commandments God has given us is the only way to find real, lasting happiness here on earth and after. Also, feel free to send me links of other blogs/websites you've found that are sharing the gospel in a good way. I learn well by watching others, and hopefully we can all learn together :)

Have a great fall week! Enjoy the newest Mormon Message from YouTube - on the sidebar.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

As always, Jackie you are a great example to me. I hadn't seen Mormon Message until now, so thanks for the tip. I agree we all need to be more vocal in our testimonies and bolder in our examples. Thanks for a conscious reminder and challenge.

JP said...

Thanks mom. I just know that many heads are better than one, so I'd still love to hear any ideas out there of sharing the gospel online!

Julie said...

Thank you for your testimony and your examples. I love that you have that sidebar with the Mormon message there. It's such an easy way to share the gospel. I need to add that to mine. Thanks for sharing! :)

Isaak and Jackie said...

thanks for the testimony. I too enjoyed that article and it has made me think a little more about not having my blog private, but I would need to include the gospel more on my posts to be able to help others.

BenJenKids said...

It's a little difficult when our blog is private, but sometimes just being an example to those already in the gospel is fine too. I need to talk more about what we do for FHE each week, and maybe my thoughts on the lessons on Sunday, something that struck me while studying on my own, those sorts of things. I've commented that the blog is a little bit like keeping a journal, so maybe I need to open that up a bit more. Thanks for the ideas and encouragement.

JP said...

Thanks so much for the thoughts Julie, Jackie, and Jen. I also have been considering going private and I'm still deciding, but Jen I see your point in being an example even to people you alreday know and may already be members. I SO appreciate all your help!