Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The good with the bad

So I'm starting with a little bad, then some good, then ending with a pretty big bad. For some wacky reason, my pictures are showing up as I type as text, which makes it very hard to label them like I like to, explaining what is happening. Grrr. I am the LAST person who would know how to fix this, I am pretty technologically inclined but when it comes to this blogging business, I really stick to the basics. Anywho, this is the first bummer of my post because I don't get to tell you all the cute stories with the pics. But they are worth looking at, so keep on!

The good: we did the fun walk around Gardner Village last week and look at all the adorable fall things and witches (if you haven't been in the fall before, GO!). It was like a Thursday afternoon, and we got there and Tyler says, "I think me and that guy right there are the only dudes here." And I think he was right. That place was teeming with young moms and tons of little ones running amok. It was wonderful! What a great husband for being a good sport. Anyway, we got some cute pics by the pumpkins. Plus there's some of us just hanging out. Always a good thing.

Now the kind of big bad: Cole burned his hand pretty good today, and it just makes me sick. We have had a pretty good start to our toddler years as far as safety goes, you all know how much danger they can put themselves in so quickly. But today we had our first big owie. Tyler had just finished mowing the lawn, and we were all outside. Cole was pulling up some grass next to the mower, I turn around to talk to Tyler and I hear that "I'm in pain" cry that I hardly ever hear. He had reached out and touched the lawnmower engine, which was still hot :( Oh it just broke my heart. So we ran it under water forever, put some neosporin on and covered it up. It got the tips of his thumb, pointer, and middle finger, plus a large section running down his pointer and into his palm. So sad. Anyway, after tub time, we bandaged it up for the night and Tyler put a sock on it with some tape around to keep it there because before he kept pulling off the bandaids and bringing his poor little hand over to me to kiss better. He thought the sock hand was pretty cool, and was a lot happier and settled after that. Anyway, so that's the pic of him with the sock on :) Let's hope it heals fast and we can keep it clean.

Lastly...to end on a good note, I wanted to share this FUN Halloween idea I found on sugardoodle.net (if you haven't been there, a super great website for many things, just go look around for a bit). They are paper witches shoes that you can fill with fun Halloween treats. I'm totally going to make these and take visiting teaching with me! They seem pretty simple. http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/10/28/paper-witch-shoes/











5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry my poor little Cole. What a trooper. Looks like fun at Gardner Village though! Give him kisses from grandma!

The Bingham's said...

I HATE big owies!! Those are the worst. Poor Cole and mommy and daddy too! Get well soon!

The Howards said...

So sorry about Cole...that cry is the worst! An idea to try to fix you blogger (I think the same thing happened to me). On the page where you type out your new blog, there should be 2 buttons above where you click to add a picture. One says 'Edit Html' and the other says 'Compose' You want to be clicked on the Compose button. Try it and see if it works. I was stuck on the Edit Html button for the loggest time until my sister told me!

Isaak and Jackie said...

I have only been to Gardner village once but the coolness of it is engrained in my memory and I hope to return in the near future. Sorry for the ouchie! And you look great so thin and trim and happy.

Heather said...

Such cute pics!!! Hope Cole is feeling better, burns are NOT fun! We still need to get together huh... I will give ya a call soon!