Thursday, May 21, 2009

We heart baseball

There's something so American about baseball, I just love it and can't wait till Cole can get big enough to play. Tyler and I used to go to some SL Bees games pre-Cole, but haven't been with him since. So, after scoring a sweet deal on some first base line tickets, we took Cole to his first baseball game on Monday night. It was a perfect night, the weather was ideal, and of course, if you ever go to Franklin Covey I mean Spring Mobile (what?)Ballpark, the first base line seats are in the shade the whole game, which means you don't have to squint and get fried by the sun for the first 7 innings.

With Cole being an avid walker these days, it always takes us much longer to get places on foot than it used to. He doesn't like being carried unless he's tired, so here we are walking to the park. Aren't his little glasses CUTE!! They were a little big so they would kind of slide down his nose a little, but he didn't care. I'm suprised he kept them on, he just loved wearing them.


We took a break on our walk from parking to the park to pick up a rock and show daddy. It was a big discovery!
Well we finally got there before the game was over and made our way to our seats. What do you know, they are 2 seats right in the middle of the row with every seat around us occupied. If it were just you and your date, it would be fine, maybe a little uncomfortable being contained so much, but once you sat down it would work. Well, with a very active 11 month old, it's a different story. I feel like having the whole side row at church isn't enough space some Sundays, and now we have to confine him to our lap? There wasn't even any room for him to stand because of the gentleman that sat in front of us. Anyway, we slid past everyone, bumping them with the diaper bag and kicking a couple with Cole's feet, and sat down. It lasted for about 2 innings. Then we decided we needed more space. So we moved.

Cole flirting with the ladies behind us. Kind of a bummer to leave these great seats!


So this is the new section we found, clear in the right field corner. Cole was really happy he could walk around and put his hand in the yucky cup holders and flick the chairs up and down.
Cole playing peek a boo with a grandpa behind us.

It was a great evening together, but we learned our lesson to just get the cheap seats out where there aren't many fans so Cole can be happy, at least until he can appreciate the game more and stay in one little area for a prolonged amount of time. He'll be a baseball fan whether he likes it or not! :)

2 comments:

Sterling said...

Holy cow I heart baseball too. :) I am feeling like I want to go to a bees game this summer so it is good advice to know that sitting in the good seats although great for us not so great for the little ones. I totally agree about the
1st base side at the stadium, my in-laws took us last year and sat us on the 3rd base side. It was horrible for the first 5 innings. Cole does look like a tough little guy.

Julie said...

I wish we could have gone with you guys! I have actually never been to a baseball game here in Utah. So we should go again sometime! We really want to hang out soon! I am happy that our school year's almost out so we can play a little bit more. And by the way...Cole is getting cuter by the minute! I just love his sweet cheeks!