Thursday, April 9, 2009

One month

Time passing has such a different feel to it now that I'm a mom. Days go by super slow or super fast, weeks can drag on or zoom by, and in the case of this past month, I didn't even realize it had been a complete month since my last post. It's like things are either being fast forwarded or slowed down, and the challenge is to find a pause button to enjoy the moments for what they are, incredible seconds of what life is really meant to feel like. I just finished reading Marley and Me by John Grogan, and by the way I highly recommend the book over the movie (is that ever not the case?), but I love how he says this:

"Our two boys brought us more joy than we ever thought anyone or anything possibly could. They defined our life now, and while parts of us missed the leisurely vacations, lazy Saturdays reading novels, and romantic dinners that lingered late into the night, we had come to find our pleasures in new ways - in spilled applesauce and tiny nose prints on windowpanes and the soft symphony of bare feet padding down the hallway at dawn. Even on the worst days, we usually managed to find something to smile over, knowing by now what every parent sooner or later figures out, that these wondrous days of early parenthood - of diapered bottoms and first teeth and incomprehensible jabber - are but a brilliant, brief flash in the vastness of an otherwise ordinary lifetime."

This realization that he says every parent sooner or later figures out is slowly sinking in. I kept telling myself I needed to record his cute little army scoot, and one day last week he decided that scooting was below him and it was time to use the knees forever on, and that was that. This very same week, just days before the knee crawling, he decided that he CAN walk without mom or dad's finger and took 12 steps all by himself. Did I not just give birth to this baby last month? Amazing. Anyway, here are the pictures from the past month!

Lisa and Jessica's spring break was at the end of March, and we were so excited to have them along with Rod and neice Shaely for a week.

Cole got his 9 month pictures taken in a little cowboy get-up, this is after the shoot.

Look at his cute new boots!
We have a tiny one car garage, and Tyler was able to fit our huge truck in there. Don't ask me how.
His parents brought him a shot gun for his birthday, he was a very happy man.

I came home from work one Friday for lunch to this cute little sight.
This was hilarious. Rod would lift Cole in the air and lean him forward so he had to use his abs to stay up, and he would put both his hands behind him and arch his back to keep his balance. Cute!
Bathtime!
I just thought this was great :)
We went home for conference weekend and had a great time. We had everyone together, which is rare and will be even more so now that Shane left to Florida till August, and Parker, Jenn, and the boys will be in DC from August through several years.

Playing in the back of grandpa's truck.

All the boys in our family!

Shane doing what he does best, posing for a camera. I'll miss you this summer bud!
Cute one of Tegan.
Mom got Cole this swing and he loved it!
This is what I found Cole doing yesterday in the bathroom. Oh dear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! that last one made me laugh out loud! you have such a cute family, and cole is growing up so fast!

Parker said...

Oh, great post sis! It was good to see you last weekend. I can't believe how quickly Cole is picking up on walking, what a stud!