Happy Birthday sweetheart! Here he is, exactly 27 years ago today. I think he looks adorable, he thinks he looks Middle Eastern. Hmm.
I decided it would be fun to ask him a few questions, only I forgot until we got going how much Tyler gets distracted doing questionaires. This is all I got, but it's something :)
Tell me about your most memorable birthday. When dad got his 40th birthday, and it was my 10th birthday, and mom threw a huge surprise party for dad (Tyler shares the same birthday as his dad). I don't even remember if I got a party that year. That, and then the year I got a 4-wheeler.
How does it feel to be 27, only 3 years away from 30? One foot in the grave.
What's your bucket list of things to accomplish before 30? Run a marathon.
What's your favorite birthday dessert? Tapioca pudding. Yum.
What's your favorite food? BACON, chocolate milk. Other than that, anything that is meat especially steak.
Tell me about some of your pet peeves. Food in a vehicle, especially my truck. Stupid drivers. Kids and people that don't respect their elders. Mainstream media.
What are some things that make you happy? My wife and family, the open road on a motorcycle, the outdoors/camping/fire, fixing/building things, Oregon, chocolate milk and bacon, and much more.
Did you have a good birthday? Um hmm. Thanks. (hand pound).
I also thought it would be fun to share some facts about my darling, some well-known and some not so. I thought of a million more, but got burned out by the 20th picture, so here we go.
Fact #1: Tyler loves his mama. He's a big mama's boy. He loves all members of his family, but there's just something special that they have that is really cute. I want that for Cole and I as he grows up. Another fact within a fact, Tyler is one of the hardest workers I know and is a great provider for our family.
Fact #2: Tyler knows how to lay tile. And fix or remodel anything you could want him to do! It doesn't matter if he's ever done it or not, he loves taking on projects and doing a good job. He has great attention to detail and is a perfectionist when it comes to things like that. I really love and appreciate this quality! Here he is laying tile for my parents laundry room.
And here staining the fence with Rod.Fact #10: Four wheelers, motorcyles, snowmobiles, and anything that is ride-able is very fun for him. Here he is working on my parents 4-wheeler.
Fact #12: He is a very loyal friend. He is much better at this than I am, and I have learned a lot by seeing him do this. By loyal I mean that he is really good at keeping in touch with his friends from his past, and he would do anything they need or help them out last minute no matter what. I feel I would do anything for my friends, but I don't do as good of a job in keeping in touch with them and making sure they know I'm still there like he does. It's a great quality to have. These are two of his close friends from high school that he still talks to, Seth and Matt.
Fact # 13: He is the 2nd oldest of 4 siblings total. They have lots of fun when they get together. This picture of them at a Thanksgiving a couple years back makes me smile.
Tyler really does love his little (and only) sister Jessica. He still likes to show her that he loves her by teasing her and picking on her. She is a good sport and has to be the more mature person lots of times :)
Fact # 16: Tyler can push his belly/rib cage out abnormally far, especially after he eats lots. Here he is looking dejected after a bit of his dinner ended up on his shirt.
Fact # 17: He is a timer-on-cameras PRO, and is able to set up any picture using the timer whether there is a flat surface to set it on or not. Here he is setting up a group shot while using the side mirrors of a stranger's car to hold the camera. Another fact is that he doesn't always make it in the picture before the flash goes off. Those make for some funny pics :)
9 comments:
That was a very nice loving post. Good job Jackie! I hope that I am thinking of the right person because if not I will feel pretty dumb. I remember you talking to me about a big tazmanian devil lover was that Tyler? After finding some of our long lost friends on Facebook we have decided we need to pick a weekend this summer and get together with our families. What do you think?
Hey that was a pretty awesome post!! It was nice learning new things about your hubby. You guys are a perfect match.
Hey, nice post! I was reading it while enjoying the lovely campus of Brigham Young University here in Provo, UT;) Seriously, Tyler is a great guy and I'm impressed that Jackie, deserving as she is, found such a wonderful guy. I hope we can spend more time together before we have to move back east.
Happy Birthday Tyler!! Just so you know, turning 30 years old, you don't die :) (I certainly hope not, otherwise I have been dead for a long time) Oh and GO UTES!!
Great Post Jackie. You both are very lucky. You are great people and great parents and great friends!
Happy Birthday Tyler! That was so cute, I loved seeing pictures throughout the years.
Happy Birthday Tyler! That was a cute post Jackie! I've always loved Tyler cuz we've both got the whole love for Oregon thing but then you had to go and turn him into a BYU hater! =) Oh well, I guess no one is perfect! =) Love you both!
Jackie, nice tribute. To add fact #21 - as Mary Poppins would say: "Practically perfect in every way"! Happy Birthday Tyler. We love you.
Happy Birthday Tyler!! I loved your post! You two are so cute and we love having you as our friends.
p.s. So many of of those facts made me think of Tyson. :) They are so similar!
your husband is such a cutie. am i allowed to say that? well, there, i said it. i think you guys are a match made in heaven. i love the idea of doing a little questionnaire for the b-day - i may steal your idea. i love his emphasis on chocolate milk and bacon. those 2 things also bring me great joy in life.
Post a Comment