Saturday, January 10, 2009

Few and far between

Tyler and I rarely get an entire day off together. He works most Saturdays, and Sundays we both have off (him usually), but you know how Sundays are. Wonderful, but sometimes not too relaxing. For us, it's full of primary, young men, and home teaching obligations that we really love. But, it leaves little time for just us. Anyway, yesterday was one of those precious days that we had the whole day to do whatever we wanted. We both love to-do lists, so we compiled a pretty detailed one at breakfast and got to it. We had big dreams of getting the beadboard up in the bathroom, but that was the only thing we didn't get to. We put two new light fixtures up, hit up four stores in Bountiful, cleaned and organized neglected parts of the house including the garage, and capped off a terrific day with sherbet and Mamma Mia. Oh, and Tyler just decided to build a shoe rack for me too! He's amazing.

Tyler's handiwork. I DI'ed about half of what was in there too.

Speaking of Tyler's talent to create, I haven't posted what he made me for Christmas. Our tradition for Christmas gifts for each other is $25 to buy supplies to make something for each other. Last year he created a beautiful apron holder, this year he actually sewed an apron! He went over to a neighbor friend's home to borrow her sewing machine and expert advice. It was a total surprise! I love it. I needed an Christmas apron.

Speaking of Christmas gifts, :) Cole is loving his walker. He likes the freedom to explore things at a higher level, and he gets around pretty good by kicking both legs at the same time. He still can only go in straight lines though, so we're turning him around quite a bit when he gets to a wall or rug. Look how big he is!And speaking of Cole, this picture tells the whole story of how he's adjusting to our new 9am church time. We were at 2-5pm before, which worked great with his nap schedule. But now, church is during his favorite nap in the morning. This is when we got home at noon and were finishing up our lunch. It was so cute.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

How cute! You have one talented husband! that apron is soooo cute! And poor little Cole. We are having a very hard time adjusting to 9am church too. I didn't even get to go today cause Zayne is sick and was up all night with fevers. No fun in winter. espcially with nursery cause they get sick all the time! But Cole is adorable!!!

Isaak and Jackie said...

darn the church time that interfers with nap time, looks like Cole handles it well. The crafts from Tyler are sweet, what did you make him?

Katie said...

I love that you guys make eachother's gifts. And I am even more impressed that your husband can sew. I could barely sew one side of Halle's blanket before I recruited Jeff's mom to sew the rest. Sewing machines scare the crap out of me. Anway I still really want to get together, let me know when it is a good time for you.

Michelle said...

Jackie I love the shoe stand. You still don't have Shane beat as far as shoes! Poor Cole. I have many a picture of you guys falling asleep in the high chair. How do they do that!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Don't you just love those mutual days off! You definitely cherish them. Hey you should check out my blog because I want you guys to sign up with us! (you'll see when you read it) :)