Okay, we have a two part Christmas here. The first part is actual Christmas, and the second part is our Morrill Christmas weekend. So, to start it off...
This Christmas was so special for Tyler and me, having Cole with us. He not only makes every day wonderful and bright, but also any special event is extra important because it's his "first". After spending Thanksgiving with our Oregon family, it was Utah family's turn for Christmas. Tyler had to work Christmas Eve (sometimes retail is a drag), so we loaded up the truck and took off right after he got home. The roads weren't too bad, and the 3 hour drive went fast in anticipation of the fun festivities ahead.
Here's the ladies, looking good. Especially you Grandma! At 93, she's looking GREAT.

A family tradition, acting out the story of Jesus' birth. Guess who got to be baby Jesus! Joshy was Joseph, and Tegan a beautiful Mary. Cole just sat so still, all swaddled up, and listened to dad read the story. So sweet. Josh's walking stick was really heavy, he kept saying.

We got a good night's rest in, and on to the next morning! Another tradition, waiting at the top of the stairs until dad gives the okay to go check stockings. The boys were at the bottom, taking pictures.

Cole seeing what Santa brought him. Binkys and toys!

After checking stockings, we head into the family room to see what else Santa brought and open presents. Can you tell what one of Tyler's gifts was?

Cole's goal all day was to get some kind of wrapping paper in his mouth when we weren't looking. He loved all the new sounds and tastes.

He loves his basketball hoop from Uncle Jordan and Aunt Jolene. And cute hat from Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Rod.

After opening presents and having yummy breakfast, we headed outside to play in all the new snow! It couldn't have been a more picture perfect Christmas day. Tyler likes to try to make the same face as Cole. Close!

One fun thing (of the many) about my parents place is they have a lot of land, and dad likes to hook a sled up to the tractor and give the kids a ride.

Look how cute and frozen the boys are! You too Tegan.

I switched Tegan and went with all 3 boys. Fun times!

Cole petting JJ.

Cole got an awesome walker from Grandma and Grandpa Morrill, and Jackson took it upon himself to show him how to use it.

Playing with the Batman castle. Cole doesn't tip over when sitting up anymore! He's such a big boy.

Shane dressed up special for our Christmas dinner. You can see the pride in Mom's eyes.

I also got dressed up later, for bed. My footie jammies were a hit, just look how jealous little Joshy is :) $10 at Target if you're thinking of getting you some. But make sure you're looking in the kids' section, mine are an XXL.

So it ended up being a wonderful, magical Christmas. Tyler had a lot of time off, and I had 2 weeks before school started up, so we decided to stay until New Years and just relax. It was so great to spend that time with everyone. Some other activities while we were there...
Cole got his first trim! His hair had grown over the top of his ears, so I trimmed around. A little scary to hold scissors that close to his face, but he sure didn't realize the danger. We finished with no injuries.

And grandma's sink is so fun to take baths in! He could have played all night.

We also picked up some clay pigeons and shotgun shells to have some shooting practice. The boys did terrific. It was FREEZING, in the single digits.

Cole and Uncle Shug.

I can't believe it's all over. What a wonderful Christmas break! Can't wait for next year...
6 comments:
Cute pics! I wish I had one of Shane's outfit and your beautiful jammies! Hahaha, that was the highlight of the trip for me. =) Colie looks precious and I'm glad he was good for his haircut! Let me know when you wanna come babysit! =) XOXO!
It was a wonderful Christmas! I was so glad we all got to spend some time together. I love how adorable Cole is!
Awesome stuff Jack! Your family all looks great. I love you jammies and your hat you wore while sledding way stylish. Happy Holidays!
nice pics Jackie. Not so sure about those pajamas but hey if they are confy that is alright. Hey I know you and Tyler has to be loving the Utah game right? That was awesome even though Utah will have always have it's doubters. Great game!
It looks like you guys had lots of fun!! I had to laugh though, Alex got the exact same basketball hoop!! We have two basketball players in the making for the Ute teams.
Well I have to say seeing you at your house brings back lots of good memories!! I can't believe how grown up everyone looks!! The next time you see your mom give her a big hug for me. Oh and thanks for your words of wisdom. love you too!!
Post a Comment