Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pregnancy Amnesia



Being pregnant, I've been very lucky to not have many of the bad side-effects. I was only sick for about 5 weeks back at the beginning, which really was pretty bad but looking back now didn't last TOO long, and I have felt really great since. Other than a little heartburn and uncomfort, I don't have anything to complain about. I have tons of energy and feel mostly like my normal self, except I continually mis-judge how far out my belly is poking and bump into everything. But one thing I do feel has come since the pregnancy is being much more forgetful. Which is the card I'm using to explain why I am having a hard time keeping this blog updated :) Oh, and then when the baby comes and I can't use that excuse anymore, I feel I'll be totally justified in using the "I'm-a-new-mom-who-gets-no-sleep" card. Then who knows, I can probably play that one for a couple years until the pregnancy reason comes back again. I can see how others may totally take advantage of that. I'm just glad that Tyler hasn't had to put up with too much extra stress these last 6 months (can you believe I'm 28 weeks!). I'm counting my blessings that I've felt good and been able to work and take care of things like I want to.

The only reason I'm adding this is for those of you who have been wanting a "pregnant" picture! I have 3 months left, and he's about 2 lbs and 14 inches right now.

On top of all this baby talk, we've been keeping really busy. Tyler is now working with Scouting and the Deacon's Quorum, so he's busier on Wednesdays and Sundays which he is loving. I couldn't think of a more perfect guy for scouting!

Tyler has also had an on-going project this past week of trying to get my stubborn car running again. It just decided not to start, so we've (and by we I mean he's) been trying to figure that out, so that's taken up most of his spare time at home. Thank goodness for a husband that is patient and likes fixing things!!



5 comments:

Parker said...

More forgetful!!! uh-oh! This is your oldest brother, P-a-r-k-e-r, by the way. jk, like i'm one to talk.

You look great pregnant!!! How fun! Wish we could see more of you two!

Katie said...

Jackie,

I can't believe you only have 3 months left!! You look great! And your house is adorable. It's so great to see what your up to these days. Good luck with everything and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Love ya

Katie

Anonymous said...

You look soooo cute pregnant! And I voted for one week late cause that is what I did. :) Tell Tyler Happy Birthday.

Love ya. Shanna

Kaesy said...

Jackie, I stalked your blog from Ben and Jen's and how about YOU are pregnant and WERE pregnant and didn't even tell me when I told you! Too funny. Hope you're feeling well...I know how it's not that fun to be pregnant and working!

Jenn said...

So cute sis! I had given up on checking your blog cuz there was never anything new on it, but now yay! You do look super cute and I wish we could see you guys! But you're just TOO busy.... =)