Monday, May 18, 2015

Busy life, happy wife

I can't believe how extra busy our life got these past few weeks! There's normal busy, and then there's feels like Im running around crazy busy, and that's been May for us. We have something almost every night (baseball) after an early dinner then church responsibilities have been a lot more demanding, which I don't mind but just takes more planning. I completely love my calling but now I'm getting more involved in Cubscouts which is opening up this whole new world. Plus being more active on the Parent Group at Laurel, Cole's school. Plus less husband help with his new hours, we get him usually around 4-7 pm every day. But I am SO GRATEFUL for it all! This is totally what I signed up for. And if I ever start wishing Tyler was home more, I just think about the moms that have husbands serving in the military that not only have their husbands/dads gone for months and years at a time, but have to worry about if they'll even come home. That gets me back to a good attitude every time. 

Lucy will be 4 months old this week! She's still growing like a weed, being a great eater and sleeper. She has started grasping things and even slowly reaching out towards things that interest her. Here's the first time she was touching the rings on her play mat. As you can see she's still working on hair :)


Kate had a special day last week, Kindergarten Kick-off. She'd been looking forward to it for weeks and was just perma-grin all day, it was so adorable. We went to her school and she got to spend time in one of the kindergarten classes reading a book and working on a calendar while parents heard about different programs at the school. Then we got to go on a bus ride together around the neighborhood and learned about bus rules. This smile perfectly sums up how excited she is to be going to school finally! Another cool thing, this totem pole in the front of her school was a project Tyler worked on when he was in elementary school!

All three kids love working on projects while they use the potty; usually reading books, drawing a picture, or working on a lego project. But this was the first time that someone worked on a sewing project while in the bathroom! It cracked me up.

Another fun thing for Kate and Cole was going to the dentist, they LOVE it. Mostly the cool prize at the end, but hey whatever works.

Cole had a fun dress up like an adult day at school, he borrowed daddy's old Costco Tire Center shirt.
Looking forward to KATE'S BIRTHDAY this week!

0 comments: