Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sugar and spice and everything nice...

Our baby girl.
Cute leg shot. Look, she's crossing her legs at the ankles! What a lady.

Look at those fingers! I wanna kiss em.
Want to kiss those toes too. Those are definitely daddy's long toes.



We just found out this morning and we couldn't be more excited. Everything looks great, she has fingers and toes and ears and a nose. She did a somersault during the ultrasound which was pretty cool. I hope she looks just like her daddy, but more feminine of course :)
The funny quote from the day came from the ultrasound technician, she was trying to determine the gender and kept saying how she thinks it's a girl, but she couldn't tell. It didn't sound very convincing, plus I was watching the same screen and kept thinking I was seeing boy parts but couldn't tell if it was just a hand or arm or something. Anyway, after saying, "well, I THINK it's a girl" for the third time I asked her, "How sure are you? Mostly sure, kind of sure, or not very sure?" Because I don't want to tell family and everyone it's a girl if she's just guessing and then it ends up not really being a girl (which I guess could still happen you want to look at it that way). Well, I think she felt like I was questioning her "skills", because she quickly replied, "Oh, I'm probably 50% sure, just like anyone else would be." ! What does that mean?? I'M 50% sure it's a girl and I'm not trained! I thought that was great, I had no reply. But luckily, baby girl flipped around and gave us some good shots after that where she sounded very sure (probably more like 90% now) that the baby is a girl :) Tyler and I were laughing about that on the way home.
Cole watched the screen very intently, I was surprised how interested he seemed. Now when you ask him where the baby is, he lifts up his shirt and points to his belly button and laughs. He's going to be a great big brother. I hope they become great buddies just like I was growing up with Parker. Can't wait for May!!

12 comments:

Jeana said...

Congrats! That is so funny, 50% sure. That is so exciting for you guys!

Matt and Amie said...

Yea!!! Congratulations Tyler and Jackie!! That is so fun for you guys! Does it make you wonder why the ultra sounds are so expensive if the tech's arent even trained!? :) She will be one cute girl!

Tamaran said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting. How close is your due date to Cole's 2nd b-day?

Shanna said...

congrats! i am so happy for you guys! :)

Christine said...

HERE SHE COMES!! WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR HER :) YAY!! I cant wait to spoil her!

Lauren said...

Jackie Congratulations!!! I found your blog through Shelly's and couldn't be happier for you guys!! We find out what we're having in 2 weeks and we can't wait! Hope all is well :)

Laura said...

Your going to love having a girl and Cole is going to be totally jealous (Just something about Daddy's and their baby girls)!

The Holmes said...

Congratulations!!! Waaaayy excited for all of you!

The Bingham's said...

We are super excited!! Especially the girls. They think that is pretty cool!

Jessica said...

I called it :)

Julie said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys!! This is great news. It's perfect...a boy and a girl. I know for sure Cole will be a great older brother. And of course, she is one lucky little lady with parents like you!

p.s. Our little Owen better watch out.:)

Isaak and Jackie said...

How exciting I can't wait to see the little doll, When is your due date?