Monday, January 18, 2010

Good things happening!

We've had some great things happening lately! We won a major award, had family over for several days (which really is a wonderful thing, not just saying that :)), and we've been doing some fun things on top of that. I was excited to get our my pictures from the weekend to share, then I realized after spending 4 days with them, I only got one shot :( How do you remember to get the camera out and take a picture when something is happening? It's like the last thing I think of sometimes. Anyway, I did find some other fun pictures from things we've been doing that are blog-worthy.

Tyler piggy-backing Cole and Will (I watch him twice a week, his mom watches Cole while I teach). These boys really play hard together. And Cole thinks Will is his big brother and has learned so much from him. I'm glad he's such a well behaved kid!


This was from a few days back, hanging out at the mall with "Gomma and Sis-teen". Cole had a great cheeeese going on, until my camera took too long and he started to get distracted:)

Tyler and I got a well-deserved date night to his work party. They rented out Fat Cats, so we had unlimited bowling and unlimited food! It was super fun. They also held a hula hoop contest, the first one was just for the boys to compete against each other. We convinced Tyler to do it, although he claimed he had never done it before, and they gave them a couple minutes warm up time. He was a natural! He kept it going for the entire practice time, and I was checking out the other guys and they were really struggling. I thought that $25 gift card was ours. So here he is "practicing"...

...and then they start the competition. I think he realized he actually had a shot to win, because he started out a little too fast and IT FELL within the first 15 seconds!!! It was tragic. And if yours fell you had to stand there and watch the other contestants until there was a winner. So here he is, waiting for someone to win...

...but the night started looking really promising when they began the drawing! Everyone that came got their name put in for some great prizes, ipods, iphones, stereo stuff, $100 gift cards, etc. As they started drawing numbers, our friends started getting some really great stuff so we were feeling like our turn was coming. But nothing was happening. They got down to the last and most expensive prize, a 32" Vizio lcd. And they called OUR NUMBER!! We were so excited, it was like we had just won a car or something. So here we are with our prize.

Even though we were overjoyed by our good fortune, we really don't need another tv. After much thought and negotiation, we decided to return the tv and get something else with the $ that we've had our eye on, so we got a Wii and a Blu-ray. We definitely compromised because I wanted to get the money and do something fun like go on a mini-trip or spend it on the house, but Tyler really wanted to keep the tv to replace the older upstairs one. So we did end up taking it back, but used it for something that didn't sound boring to Tyler :) I felt it was a good compromise.
Now to the wonderful weekend we just had with my family! Mom, Christine, Shane, and Tegan came Friday night (Shane's birthday!) and we went out to eat to celebrate the big day. Then we had a sleepover that night, then Christine stayed on till Sunday night, and Mom and Tegan stayed until today. We really love having company and wish they could come and stay more often! Cole loved it too, every morning he wanted to go downstairs and wake everyone up. Here's the one picture I got of Tegan reading to Cole.

We also went bowling with some friends Saturday night, it was Cole's first time! (It looks like we go bowling a lot, but really we don't). He loved rolling the ball down and seeing the pins fall. His favorite thing was the air blower though! Hilarious.

I'm still feeling good and feeling her move around a lot more lately. I can tell she's getting bigger and stronger! I'm also getting bigger and think next week is going to be the dreaded week of moving into maternity pants (boooo). As comfy as they are, I despise those panels. And they fit so weird on me. oh well!!! Worth it.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Super fun times! You guys look like you had fun and were cute! Cole already got even bigger! He looks like a toddler now and not a baby! AGH! I miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Jackie you guys are the best hosts and Tyler putting up with the in-laws for three days - what a man!! We love you so much!

The Holmes said...

Oh, you suck! You are only NOW starting to THINK about maternity clothes?!? I've had to wear them for a couple of months now!! No fair! :)

Congrats on winning a new TV - that's always exciting even if you did trade it in for more fun stuff. Take care girl!

LindaLou said...

Hey, the Arizona Turners are very excited to hear about baby #2. We finally got our first granddaughter and it is VERY fun!! ENJOY. Tell your family Hi for us.
Linda & Robin