Thursday, June 11, 2009

My baby turns 1!

Our sweet baby boy turned one on the 8th, and we had a great family party to celebrate. Cole, like his daddy, loves to be the center of attention so he was loving every minute. I loved having my family there to share it with and seeing Cole dig into that birthday cake. It was such a special day for us!

Getting ready to open presents!
Cole's new swing from Grandma and Grandpa! Can't wait to set that thing up, he's going to love it.

A new dirt digging tool.

After the wonderful presents, it was time for cake! We stripped down to diaper and plunked him in the kitchen. He needed some help from his cousins to get the candle blown out, but he had no problem figuring out what to do with the cake....

I don't think he knew that he could eat it at first, he just grabbed handfuls and then started flapping his hands all over and slapping the poor cake! It was going EVERYWHERE. I just found some more on my kitchen cabinets this morning. But it was so worth it to see him having so much fun!!

Oh, this stuff is edible?? Why didn't you say so!

The cake was demolished, I think half of it was on the floor, a fourth on his lap/body and a fourth in his mouth. It was great fun.

What a classic face.


Here's what it looked like towards the end. My little nephews were so cute, they couldn't believe how messy Cole was!

It was such a wonderful day to get to spend with our Morrill family. We are looking forward to celebrating with our Oregon family next weekend!

7 comments:

The Bingham's said...

He is just too cute that little Cole!! Heidi said that he was very messy though. Happy Birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Cole!! I love how he just dove right into that cake! That's the way to do it!

Les Broadhead said...

Happy birthday to Cole- need to come see that little guy! Maybe I'll come over for a piece of birthday cake- yum:)

Laura said...

I can't believe he's a year old! The time has gone so fast, it's sad but exciting at the same time. I'm glad he had a great birthday!

The Howards said...

What a sweet baby he is...although we can't say baby too much longer! So sad! Hope you are enjoying your summer. Are you teaching next year?

Danielle said...

Jackie! So good to see you have a blog!

BenJenKids said...

What? You took his shirt off? You wimp!! Glad to see he had so much fun!