What a busy month! And it's already gone. Time really does speed up when you wish it would slow down. There's still a lot on my list to get done before baby boy Petersen comes (that's right, no for sure name yet), so when people ask if I'm ready for the big day I still say no. But I also think yes because I'm getting very excited to see him and get to know him more! Also, I've been really blessed to have such great family and friends that like to throw baby showers, so a big THANK YOU to everyone who has had anything to do with all the fun and partying we've done. The best part is seeing everyone and just talking about baby stuff with other women who really do know.
I think Tyler has empathy-nesting syndrome, he's been just as busy around our place as I have trying to get everything perfect and ready. Monday was the best, he had the day off and had a long to do list so I was lucky to find a half-day sub and came home at lunch to hang out with my sweetie for the rest of the day. It was such a great day! We pulled out 2 big bushes from the backyard and took down the yucky concrete waterfall that was in the corner, and threw it all in the back of the truck. I don't know how we managed to not get stung by the zillion wasp nests we upsetted in the process. Then we headed to the landfill! I don't know why, but it's so much fun to just dump all the garbage out of your truck onto the ground and then drive away. It honestly was a highlight of our day. The rest of the day was filled with cleaning the house, doing more yardwork in the 70 degree weather, and just being really productive. Top it off with great friends coming over to watch "House" and eat cookies, and I couldn't have asked for a better day.

This is my best volleyball friend ex-roommate Kim with her cute little Tyson

Be careful with the belly, Kimmy :)

That's my "oh this is SO cute" face after opening a beautiful blanket from Aunt Denny
Here's another oh-so-cute quilt by my talented mom
My great friend Katie

I just love how Tegan likes to touch my belly and feel him moving around. It makes me happy!
Tegan and Abbi being goofy!
Here's my favorite picture from that day: while we were having the shower at Jenn's, all the guys went to Cabela's to look at the guy stuff. They came walking in after the shower dressed like this! They all had camo on, Jackson and Josh had little overalls that said "Future Buck Hunter" and cool pop guns, and if you look closer Tyler is holding a camo sleeper and a pop gun for our little guy :) It was so hilarious! These are my favorite 6 guys in the world, and I'm so lucky to have them in my life.
Here's just a sneak peek of the nursery: that's the yellow we used on the walls and I love it. And my glider which I'm sure I will love even more in a month.

8 comments:
SO cute! That was a fun shower. Ok so I can't wait to see your nursery! You better keep your blog updated OFTEN once we leave for DC so I can see my precious little nephew Petersen! I'm so so sad we'll be gone for everything =( But know that we love you so much! The end of the pregnancy will be tough, but enjoy it because like you said-it goes too fast!!
I had a blast at your shower. It was so great to see your family!! And yes I totally planned my broken foot so that all the attention was on me. I should have thought it through better one day of attention and 6 weeks of agony, I don't think it was a good trade off. What do you think?? Hey I am totally up for a play date. But I think we are out of town on the
13. We are going to Taylors graduation in June. But hey when we get home I am up for helping you if you need anything. Or if you want to get together before we go that's great too. I think we leave the 4th of June. Enjoy your last month. If your not careful you'll blink and miss it:)
I love it all! I can't wait either to see your baby boy! I need to send you the pics from our shower. I can't believe you only have one more month!! That's sooooo crazy! I will be at your school this next Monday so I will be sure to stop by and say hi!
Oh, believe me! That glider will get a TON of use! I absolute love having one! Nothing soothes a baby like rocking with his mom and reading a book! I'm so excited for you guys!
How Fun! Yes, you will love your glider. Mine now fits me to a T since it has molded to my butt!! I'm so excited for you! Nothing is better than being a mom and the whole anticipation of what's going to happen, when and how! Just enjoy!!!
hey jackie! i stumbled upon your blog via a thread of other roosevelteans and it's so great to see you and your happy little life. you are a beautiful pregnant woman - congrats on all of that. i am a faithful blogger as well - check out the wares at www.marthahullinger333.blogspot.com.
Take care,
Martha (Hullinger) Ware
Jackie I found your blog through Shelly's. You look so cute pregnant. I am so excited for you. It's fun to see what you have been up to!
Hey Jackie!
Lookin' great! Your blog is darling and I am checking regularly for some baby news! I hope he waits until after school ends, but just barely! We are so excited for you!
Post a Comment