Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas is coming, and Jackie's getting fat....


Okay, so not ALL of it is fat, there is a baby and other baby-stuff in there.


So Merry Christmas family and friends! After going through the big life changes of moving into our first home (no more renting!), Tyler graduating from college (no more late night studying!), and having a baby on the way (no more sleep!), we figured that having a blog was the next step. This is a huge, pivotal time in our little family's life, and we are feeling like we want to share it.


We're moving to Farmington, right by my school. And it is a few minutes faster for Tyler to get to work in Bountiful. We are excited about our new neighborhood and community, but today was really hard saying goodbye to the amazing people in our ward. We've been in the same ward for all 3.5 years of our marriage, and have some dear friends we love deeply and will really miss seeing weekly.


Tyler finished up his last semester with flying colors; the biggest being his A in intermediate microeconomics (woo-hoo!). I'm excited to not pay tuition, I mean, to have him home more.


The baby is due June 19th, so I should be able to finish up teaching for the year (our last day is June 2nd). We'll find out mid-January if it's a boy or a girl. We're excited for either, we just can't wait to be parents.


Christmas will be unique for us this year, it's been hard to comply with common sense and resist my decoration urges. It just doesn't make sense to haul out the holly only to haul it right back in a moving truck this weekend. And since we're heading to lovely Oregon for our Christmas celebrations, it makes no sense to get it out at our new place just to leave it for 10 days. Although I did just decide today at church that I'm getting out the nativity set and putting it up for the week. My mom has given me parts of it each year, and it's my favorite Christmas posession. Moving or no moving, I can't imagine Christmas without it.