I have a million things to share, but one experience trumps them all... Luke! So I will dedicate this whole post to our little guy and catch up on the rest next time.
My (okay, Our, I have to share) sweet baby boy came Saturday, June 23, at 7:08 am on the WAY TO THE HOSPITAL! What an amazing entrance this little one made, looking back now it was an incredible experience but at the time, incredible was not the adjective coming to mind. Unbelievable in the true sense of the word is more like it. I could not believe that I was going to have my precious baby in a TRUCK on the side of the freeway. These kind of things do not happen to us! So many things were in place that made it be a wonderful, miraculous experience instead of a scary, dangerous one.
It all started the morning of the 23rd (Luke's due date), we were going to be heading into the hospital at 7 am to be induced. I woke up at 4 am with a big contraction, but it didn't last long and I fell back asleep. Same thing at 5 am, but this time I felt so uncomfortable I got up and walked around and just hung out on the couch for awhile. They settled down and I went back to bed and fell asleep again for a bit. Woke up at 545 with contractions again, decided to shower and get ready. Had contractions through it all, but was timing them and they were really inconsistent and I was able to breathe through them. Then all of a sudden, they went from being all over the place and just painful to every 2 minutes and super super painful. Woke up Tyler, got in the truck and took off.
Tyler was speeding down the freeway when we pull up behind a police car, so he calls 911 to see if we could let the policeman know our situation and maybe he could escort us to the hospital or at least not pull us over. They say they can't help with that, but we stay on the line anyway because now things have progressed from just having strong, minute apart contractions to realizing that he's not going to wait 15 more minutes for us to get to the hospital. I tell (ok scream) Tyler to pull over, I just wanted his help and I knew he was minutes away from coming. He pulled over, ran around to my side of the truck, my water broke, I pushed twice and Luke was born (8 lbs 21.5 in.). He was pink and crying and so beautiful, with so much hair, and I knew he was fine. Tyler luckily thought about bringing a couple of towels and a blanket *just in case* so we wrapped him up and I held him while we looked at this infant that had been entrusted to us. At that point, there was no more pain or fear and just so much love and happiness, it was the most amazing feeling and I knew we were being taken care of. Anyway, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it :) A lot of things happened after that but basically the ambulance came (911 was on speaker phone the whole time) within a few minutes and they took us to the hospital. I still feel sometimes like I'm telling someone else's story, it's so surreal.
This is me the night before he came, getting ready for bed. Little did I know what the next 12 hours held in store :)
Tyler tied off the cord (he is the scoutmaster, always be prepared) with paracord while we waited for the ambulance, then he got to cut it with a scalpel they had once they got there.
Going home! I remember this moment with Cole, it felt so weird he was mine to take home with us, like do they really understand that I'm not sure about what to do? Now with Luke I couldn't wait to take him with us.
My view for the first week as I walked around the house. So hard to put this sweet little package down.
He is now 8 weeks old, smiling and trying to talk, kicking legs and waving arms and getting his fist in his mouth now and then. Already growing up :( Such a GOOD baby, easy going and calm just like his sister and brother were. We feel so blessed! More new pics to come later.






5 comments:
That just made me cry reading your story! What an incredible way for Luke to make an entrance into this world! He is adorable and so glad you both are doing so well :)
What an amazing and so so special story! I am so happy for you guys!! He is so darn handsome with all that hair! Would love to meet him one day :)
Just got to this, love it! Keep the updates coming.
What a fun story (I'm sure not at the time)!
It sounds like Luke isn't going to settle for mediocraty! 3rd child, 2nd boy, he wanted to make a statement!
Congratulations, he's beautiful!
Oh my word, I can't believe that story! That is amazing. I am so glad he is here and well and that you were fine throughout that whole ordeal. That is like something from the movies! You are amazing. Congrats!
Post a Comment