Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Big 3-0h!

We celebrated a big birthday last week, Tyler turned 30! We decided the fun couldn't be contained to just a single day, so we did something fun for him each day the week leading up to it. I love his birthday and always try to make it a big deal, it's the only day of the year that is just for him (unlike other holidays when we all get something out of it) and I really want him to feel loved.

We counted down the days till his bday, starting with 7, and found little ways to surprise him each day - like a present to open from one of the kids, washing and cleaning out his truck, surprising him at work, or letting him take a nap :) It was a wonderful week.

I'm 6 months along now and still feeling super. I'm so grateful I am still able to run and walk in the mornings and just continue on with my normal life pretty much. He's moving around a lot at nights now, Cole has felt him kick a couple times and the look on his face is just priceless. It reminds me what a miracle it really is. Still haven't got a name picked out, boys are so much harder than girls! Another thing I'm looking forward to is a week-long trip with my mom and Tegan, we're flying to Texas to visit Christine, Walt, and Kai, then to DC to see Parker, Jenn, and the boys. I've never done a trip like this without Tyler or the kids for so long, I know I'll miss them lots but am really excited about some girl/me time.

Update on some of my 30 goals: I am moving right along with most, and need to get going on some. I have given away 2 Book of Mormons, made a new pie consistently each month, started memorizing "The Living Christ", completed 2.5 literature classics (reading Great Expectations now, it's large), and done several house projects. Another thing I started doing was indexing names for familysearch.org. It's amazing! Very very easy to get started on and then do as you can, go here to find out how to get started. It honestly takes minutes, is easy to figure out, and feels really rewarding to me to make names and information more accessible for people researching their family lines. I think everyone should do it.

Tyler has been busier with DJing lately and of course tons of scout things going on, as always. He is working on lots of projects around the house, I think the warmer weather has got us both motivated to get some things done. He works so hard to provide for us and he does an amazing job of balancing work and his responsibilities at home and church. I am so blessed to have him!

Although it's been warmer this past week, we have a huge storm coming in this weekend and we had another one the weekend before, in typical spring fashion. We got out and played a lot in the last one, not sure of when it will really be the last of the season. Cole loves to brush off the car, and Kate loves using the snow shovel to push the snow from the lawn onto the sidewalks. What helpers!

We were having baked potatoes and salad for dinner one night, and I had bought a head of lettuce from the store for salad which I usually don't do. Cole thought it was so cool, he loves lettuce, and he begged and begged to be able to eat the whole thing. He didn't finish it all, but had a great time taking huge bites out of it. It's so funny to me because I remember wanting the same thing at my grandma's when I was little, I'd ask for huge chunks of iceberg lettuce and walk around eating and loving it. Weird.
Here's the countdown for TP's bday.
Mom and Tegan came out for some shopping and we hit up Lagoon Trail the night before because the weather was so great. I love my little sister and how fun and full of personality she is, she is so silly! Can't wait to spend a week with her.
For lunch on Tyler's bday, I made BLT's and he had a chocolate milk (from Dari-Mart in Oregon, his absolute favorite) that he saved in the freezer for his special day. It was a yummy meal.
The birthday boy! Cole picked out a hat for him to wear while we sang to him, it was quite girly but looked great :) He requested a marionberry pie and that was yummy too. It was a really good eating day at our house. Doesn't 30 with 3 kids sound so old??! My turn in a couple months.
Kate obviously loved the pie as well :) Cole ate two slices, but he is a clean eater and that's boring.
Cole was dying to get out and throw water balloons this week, so we put sweats on under/over swimsuits (it wasn't a really warm day) and played outside with water balloons. It was a blast! We can't wait for summer.
Kate's balloon sprung a small leak and she was trying to drink it like a water fountain but kept squirting herself in the face. Cole and I were cracking up!
Another adorable cheesy face. I love that face.
Next post will have pictures of our trip!

1 comments:

Jeana said...

So fun! That will be so fun to go on a trip with your mom and sisters!