I absolutely believe that baseball is one of the most wonderful things about being an American. Something about the smell of the grass, the pace of the game, the hot dog/bbq smell, and kids running around with their gloves and hats makes me feel like life is so good (which it is). So you can imagine my utter happiness when my son decides that he loves the game too. I am picturing the blissful years ahead, packing snacks, lounge chairs, and sunscreen to baseball fields to cheer on my firstborn. Of course that hinges on him still loving the game as he grows up, but I'm not ready to consider that option yet.
To say he was excited about playing t-ball is an understatement. I am one of the coaches (along with my good friend/neighbor Jaymie) so we were able to take a lot of the equipment home. That turned into him becoming attached to a certain helmet which he slept, ate, and traveled to Costco in. He constantly talks about how hard he can throw, how far he can hit, and how fast he can run. When it came time for our first game this past week, it all culminated in one of the best days of my life. To see my son in uniform (Red Sox too, one of the benefits of coaching is you get to pick your team) and playing on a team, it was heaven. I think I'm sounding a little dramatic about this simple event, but being someone who grew up playing every sport every year all year round and loving it, this just makes me happy. If he changes his mind later and decides ballet is his thing, then I'll learn to love that :)
He has six more games so there will be plenty more pics, here's just a few from opening day.
This was his team pre-game in the dugout. Coaching tball has little to do with baseball knowledge and lots to do with child management strategies. Cole is sitting on the bench, hat and glove on.
Tyler had the opportunity to take his 15 scouts to Goblin Valley and Moab this past weekend, which is in Southern Utah. He is the ultimate scoutmaster and loves what he does and does it so well. We miss him when he's gone but feel great that he gives so much to his calling and does it all with a big smile. This is one of the slot canyons they hiked through. How handsome is he?
Kissing the rock that looks like a face. Kind of jealous, I must say.
Delicate Arch with Tyler below.
Just another of sweet Kate to end with. She's crawling like a pro, she has two forms: one is a scoot where she tucks her right leg under while she scoots around so she can sit up quickly, the other is the basic crawl which she will only choose when she's in turbo mode and sees something she wants right away. She loves standing though and cruises everywhere along the furniture. She's kind of independent for a 11 month old and will just crawl around checking out all the rooms while I am making dinner or playing with Cole. She is so mellow and even tempered.
0 comments:
Post a Comment